World Cup: Group B: Iran vs. Portugal, Spain vs. Morocco 6/25/2018

Who advances?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The scenario here is not the same as Group A.

It is possible for Iran, Spain, and Portugal to all finish first, second, or third.

If Portugal loses to Iran, they are probably out, but that requires Spain to get a point from Morocco.

Spain can also advance while losing, if Portugal defeats Iran. Portugal can also advance while losing if Morocco beats Spain by more than they lose by.

It's obvious that if Iran, Portugal, or Spain win, they advance. Order is dependent upon numerous things. If Spain and Portugal win with the same scores, fair play points will decide who finishes first. Seriously.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
f*** Spain that's all I wanna say.

But I hope that Iran are the ones that get knocked out because I don't wanna have to listen to the Vuvuzelas that have only been in the Iran games from what I noticed.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
For Iran to pull off an upset they're going to have to start the game playing like they did in the second half against Spain (because in the first they seemed to have zero interest in taking the ball over half).

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Right now in my neck of the woods non soccer fans are mocking the worlds game because of the play acting and diving. Many of the clips are older but watching Benatia slapping Pepe on the back and seeing him go down in a heap....send him home. Give him a retroactive red and send him home. Anyone else that wants to bring the game into disrepute and tarnish the name of the sport....go . Start handing out severe punishment for these actions. It is embarassing and unneccesary.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Morocco draws Spain, Iran beats Portugal, Russia-Iran round of 16 to offset the Germany-Brazil round of 16 match.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's obvious that if Iran, Portugal, or Spain win, they advance. Order is dependent upon numerous things. If Spain and Portugal win with the same scores, fair play points will decide who finishes first. Seriously.
With Ronaldo's dives and Pepe's antics, you can be sure Portugal would still win the fair play points.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Portugal and Spain are going through. An upset would be fun. I don't have a rooting interest in this group. I don't hate CR7 but he's won enough. Same with Spain. I'm not over their recent dominance. I'm not holding my breath that Iran or Morocco can throw a wrench in the results but it's what I'd like to see.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Right now in my neck of the woods non soccer fans are mocking the worlds game because of the play acting and diving. Many of the clips are older but watching Benatia slapping Pepe on the back and seeing him go down in a heap....send him home. Give him a retroactive red and send him home. Anyone else that wants to bring the game into disrepute and tarnish the name of the sport....go . Start handing out severe punishment for these actions. It is embarassing and unneccesary.

It’s always cute when new fans of the game come out of the woodworks every 4 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad