Euro: Group B: England vs. Russia, 6/11/2016

zamo86*

england2016.png

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Love nothing more than seeing Sterling and England fail.

Russia fully deserved their draw. England switched off after Dier scored and didn't play very well before that.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Danny Rose exploited through the air, Hart caught in no man's land, lax marking from Smalling. Sloppy goal all around.

Anyone else hear that explosion sound a few minutes prior to the equalizer?

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
If England lose to Wales then they likely don't even make the quarters looking at their potential opponents

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
England team in a nutshell. Play well in patches, switch off and **** up when the hopes get higher.

And people think I'm weird for not liking the national team... yeah no thanks.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They won't rethink their 11, but they really should. Awful substitutes as well. Can't think of any reason to bring Wilshere and Milner on in that situation. Milner's strength is in being tireless, there's no reason to bring him on and play a few minutes of keep away.

I expect Sterling will be the only player held to account and he'll be dropped for Vardy.

JaysCyYoung

Jan 1, 2009
York Region
Disappointing ending to a match that I thought England largely controlled other than a few moments in the second-half. They could have been easily up 3 or 4 nothing were it not from some amazing saves by Akinfeev.

Felt like the three minutes of added time that allowed Russia time to get the equalizer was also extremely generous too. Now that Wales game looms large in importance.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Only someone with a distinct anti-English prejudice or someone who hasn't paid attention for a good 20 years would worry about the English fans when there's a couple truckloads of drunk Russian lads in the vicinity.

Just Win

Nov 3, 2008
Stuttgart
Announcers said it was some flares...though I've never heard a flare sound like that...

Those Ruskies build some strong home made flares. But i wonder how they got it in the stadium with all the controls? Probably in someone arse.:laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Vardy and Milner should be starting, they have been playing far too well over the last 3-4 months to be nailed to the bench.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->