GDT: Group B • May 3 • Canada 4, Switzerland 3 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belenos

Dec 31, 2010
Biel, Switzerland
How does Leonardo Genoni look? I signed him in my sim league this year hoping he'll get picked up.

Looks really good. He had a huge season with Davos, winning the Swiss Championship. He seems to be the guy, who does everything to take a step forward, working hard all season long. I see him play in North America in 1-2 years.

Davebo*

Just tuning in - why are we (Canada) playing the swiss so softly? Start frigging banging bodies around, ffs...\

Wow - great timing phaneuf. :handclap: Give these guys a wake up call. They are free wheeling around a little too much for my liking....

Davebo*

Whistle all you like, crybabies in the rink. Hitting is a part of hockey.

And look at that 1-1 now

nahcmo

Mar 2, 2011
That was a solid hit by Phanuef. Hope the Swiss player is alright though; looked pretty scary for a few moments there on the bench.

1-1... about time. :)

And what's with the screeches/whistles every time Canada throws a hit?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That was a solid hit by Phanuef. Hope the Swiss player is alright though; looked pretty scary for a few moments there on the bench.

Same thing that happens in any NHL rink in the playoffs when the visiting team knocks someone down. What's the big deal?

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

Refs in Europe are known to fall for the pressure of the fans. You boo enough when your player gets hit/hooked/hold and you're likely to draw a penalty eventually. But I'm pretty sure the same thing happens in North America, the booing at least..

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Good hit IMO, but Phaneuf should be out of this game per IIHF rules.

540. Checking to the head and neck area
a) A player who directs a check or blow, with any part of his body or equipment to the head and neck area of an opposing player or "drives" or "forces" the head of an opposing player into the protective glass on boards [...]

b) A player who injures an opponent as result of checking to the head and neck area shall be assessed a:
- Match Penalty

Davebo*

Refs in Europe are known to fall for the pressure of the fans. You boo enough when your player gets hit/hooked/hold and you're likely to draw a penalty eventually. But I'm pretty sure the same thing happens in North America, the booing at least..

Not in our rink, and we have the most vocal fans in the world. Although the opposition thinks otherwise....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad