GDT: Group B • May 3 • Canada 4, Switzerland 3 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Just saw the clip on TSN. It didn't look that bad. By the way people were describing it, I thought maybe she gave him a dirty look or scowled at his out-stretched hand. She just gave him a little smile, but didn't reach out to return the handshake.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Just go to TSN.ca for highlights. And yeah the handshake incident really wasn't as bad as some suggest. It was just awkward/funny. Dumb broad.

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
3-0 against bad teams and he gave up an awful goal today. Andrew Raycroft had a good rookie too, doesn't mean they are good goalies.

The last 3 games with Canada is obviously the only games youve seen him play. In over 30 games with the Leafs(all of which I watched) he let in MAYBE 5 soft goals. I guess by your logic though the 1 questionable goal he let in today makes him a bad goalie. Every goalie lets in soft goals now and then thats just how it is. Just curious though what makes you say Bernier is a better goalie with his worse save percentage and win ratio this season while playing on a far better team?

Iron

Nov 21, 2006
It looked like the girl said I can't or something. Who knows it could be something cultural. She probably felt as bad/awkward about it as anyone.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Just saw it in the other thread.
True, wasn't that bad. She certainly didn't seem b*tchy and that "dumb broad" comment is really uncalled for.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
It isn't cultural, believe me. Its Slovakia for Christ's sake, not Afghanistan. And sorry if I offended you for calling her a dumb broad, but that's what she looked like. European eye candy to hand out the hardware and make things look nice.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Exactly, that's her job and she was probably instructed to not shake hands. Dunno why she is a dumb broad because of that?

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
So Reimer lets in a soft goal and he's a horrible goalie all the while, he had to bail the team out of some tough spots during this tournament and particular in this game. Stopped a penalty shot and other good scoring opportunities from the Swiss. Your goalie is there to bail you out of tough situations but it's a two way street. Sometimes the team in front has to get a goal back when their goalie has a slip up. If letting in a soft goal makes someone a horrible goalie, then there's no one in the history of this sport that you could consider a good goalie, let alone a great one.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
3-0 against bad teams and he gave up an awful goal today. Andrew Raycroft had a good rookie too, doesn't mean they are good goalies.

He gave up a bad goal, then saved 3 breakaways in the 3rd period. I frankly have a ton of confidence in him. I'd rather have a goalie that gives up the bad goal in the 1st and save the teams ass over and over again in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->