GDT: Group B • Dec. 31 • Canada 5, Sweden 6 (SO) • Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

eli J

Claw Machine broke
Nov 14, 2010
Moncton, NB
Lol, whats up with these QMJHL goalies? Roy, Allen, and remember Bernier was in net when the Swedes ended Canadas big winning streak?

:sarcasm:

QMJHL represents a market a fraction the size of the OHL/WHL, is it a wonder they don't produce as much top tier talent?

I don't know if people would even know there was a third CHL league if it weren't for Crosby

(is from New Brunswick)

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
What does that make Canada? We're tied with them.....

:shakehead

I know you're watching the game. Look at the difference in breakouts, passing, team play, speed.

Yes, I'm Canadian, and I'm also aware the Swedes are a better team. Look at it without the Canada jersey on, and it's fairly obvious the Swedes are the better team.

That being said, Canadian grit will more thanm likely snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Canada has not played very well. Sweden deserves to win this game. and I think they will.

About time for a PP.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
We are down basically a forward line, but this is a good test for Schenn and Ellis to step up and I am predicting a goal from Leblanc this period.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Canada scores, wins this game. Makes Larsson look bad and Couturier goes number 1

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Tyler Myers in the Swedish studio, looks pretty awkward seeing him next to short Marie.

I'm surprised he even fits in that small studio :amazed:

What's he doing there?

No commercial breaks on the channel that carries the World Juniors in Sweden, so they have a lot of time to talk to guests between the periods. They're actually surprisingly good at finding interesting guests, they've had Ken Holland, the Detroit GM join them in the studio twice so far this tournament and during the Olympics both Steve Yzerman and Joe Sakic were in the studio.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Give some of us a little credit here, pal.

I have not missed a WJHC game since 1993. I've seen all kinds of goalies at this level, and been around the game all my 40 years at many different levels.

Roy has some tendencies that show SERIOUS weaknesses in his game. I am not saying that as a disgruntled fan, as others suggest, but as someone who has a pretty decent grasp of what it takes for a player to make it, and why some don't.

He doesn't have it from what I have seen. He is folding under pressure, and that is not a small issue. As a goalie, that is a HUGE issue.

You've watched every wjc game for 17 years, a scout you are not.

Agreed, but what 19 year old player doesn't. He is having problems he has to work through just like any prospect. You cannot write him off because of this.

Unless you are employed in the nhl or a scout for a national team, your opinion is no better than anyone elses whether that be mine, or the poeple calling for his head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad