GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Canada 7, Czech Republic 2 • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Surprised...

I was originally confused why Canada put out their #1 PP unit on the 3rd period 5 on 3. But, I realized that if Russia had beaten Sweden today and Sweden beats Canada on NYE, then all 3 teams would be tied for 1st, assuming that they all win their other games.

So, the tie-breaking formula at that point would be GF/GA differential.

But, since Sweden beat Russia, that scenario is gone and 1st place will come down to the NYE between the 2 teams.

Sep 19, 2008
Roy probably secured the starting position a while longer with his performance today. Yeah, he gave up a goal on his first shot. But after that it was shutdown city until the 3rd period goal when the outcome was basically decided.

Good luck to the backup goalie tomorrow, Canada shutout :)

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

What was up with the 2nd Czech goal? It's like Roy was afraid of the puck and was trying to dodge it! Wtf?

LOL!!! Everyone at the game thought he ducked. My gf stuck up for him and said she would duck too. Did not go over well - the ducking nor my gf's comments.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
LOL!!! Everyone at the game thought he ducked. My gf stuck up for him and said she would duck too. Did not go over well - the ducking nor my gf's comments.

i think the real question here is... does she duck for your shots too? :naughty:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

i think the real question here is... does she duck for your shots too? :naughty:

No she doesn't do THAT. Which is okay with me because, to be honest, she is LOUSY at it!

:)

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Yeah, and according to some on HF a .921 SV% means you should lose your starting position.

HF really doesn't know everything ;)

Well why I'd prefer Visentin really has nothing to do with what Roy's save percentage is. If you watched how many quality opportunities Russia had tonight you would have realized how simple our Dmen have made the overall game for the goaltenders.

After watching Robin Lehner tonight I don't expect we're going to beat Sweden in net, especially if it's Roy. Visentin was my guy from the start, he's my type of goalie, I'll get a better indication after watching him tomorrow but he really just seems like the better choice in net to me.

Davebo*

This Frk character is a piece of work. I'm just seeing his spear for the first time - just before the spear is an example of a high hit - he targets the Canadian players head - no doubt about it.

Fortunately he didn't have any mustard on the hit, or Gudbranson would have been seriously injured.

I really wish we'd run the score into double digits on those mutts.... :rant:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
This Frk character is a piece of work. I'm just seeing his spear for the first time - just before the spear is an example of a high hit - he targets the Canadian players head - no doubt about it.

Fortunately he didn't have any mustard on the hit, or Gudbranson would have been seriously injured.

I really wish we'd run the score into double digits on those mutts.... :rant:

Give him a break, nothing happend. He received his penalty.

Thepuckdropshere

Mar 24, 2007
www.ronmycholuk.com
I love the double standard. The Czechs spears him and their fans view it as nothing. kassian throws a check and he should be banned from hockey and all Canadians are exactly like him. Bunch of hypocrits, but its ok because the IIHF is the same way.

Davebo*

Give him a break, nothing happend. He received his penalty.

No. :laugh: And why should I?

Kassian clearly was suspended based on his past history. From what I'm reading this Frk character is very dirty as well.

wjhl2009fan

Nov 13, 2008
I love the double standard. The Czechs spears him and their fans view it as nothing. kassian throws a check and he should be banned from hockey and all Canadians are exactly like him. Bunch of hypocrits, but its ok because the IIHF is the same way.

If there is a lesson here its to stay down make it seem much much worse then it really is.

Davebo*

You can't blame him for not getting suspension. Decision wasn't made by him, but some guy named Dan Marouelli.

He is suspended already for a game. And I wasn't calling for more - I'm just noting he's a dirty SOB.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
He is suspended already for a game. And I wasn't calling for more - I'm just noting he's a dirty SOB.

Then some mods should do something about such insulting people, who aren't here to react by themselves.

Davebo*

Then some mods should do something about such insulting people, who aren't here to react by themselves.

Pardon me? :help:

You think the mods should protect Frk? Is he a member here? Frk's worst enemy is himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad