GDT: Group B • Dec. 28 • Canada 7, Czech Republic 2 • Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I'm not sure I like this team compared to the 2008-2009 roster in Ottawa.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Visentin was scheduled to play Norway anyway, wasn't he?

I doubt Kassian will serve anymore time. I'm hoping Marouelli has some common sense and will look at the hit from every angle.

Aug 3, 2010
Oh well, quite a blowout here. I don't know, the real shock would be if/when Canada loses a game in the non-elimination round again. They've lost like 3 of 27 elimination games since 2001, right? All gold medal games too. It's funny how this is usually a two-horse race tourney between Canada and whoever's on a roll- used to be Russia, now is USA. Canada stomps these countries but in the Olympics, even Switzerland keeps it close. Bottom line: Canada has the world's best players at 18-20 and it sort of evens out after that a little and becomes a closer battle. Oh well, at least it ain't women's hockey lack of challenges, hehe. :D

That's because at that point, many of the European players have established themselves in the NHL and playing at the North American standard of hockey skill > better than their elite leagues.

BlackAces*

Oh well, quite a blowout here. I don't know, the real shock would be if/when Canada loses a game in the non-elimination round again. They've lost like 3 of 27 elimination games since 2001, right? All gold medal games too. It's funny how this is usually a two-horse race tourney between Canada and whoever's on a roll- used to be Russia, now is USA. Canada stomps these countries but in the Olympics, even Switzerland keeps it close. Bottom line: Canada has the world's best players at 18-20 and it sort of evens out after that a little and becomes a closer battle. Oh well, at least it ain't women's hockey lack of challenges, hehe. :D

It is because it is much easier to build a good team at the men's level. Couple of decent players, and commitment to defence, and you can ice a decent team.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
What was up with the 2nd Czech goal? It's like Roy was afraid of the puck and was trying to dodge it! Wtf?

I continue to say it he's the Pascal Leclaire of this team minus the injuries. Too many pucks getting in through the heart of the net, 5 hole, threw him, over him. He's probably very talented but there isn't much room for the too small but talented goalie in the NHL. And this guy could easily lose us a game that we aren't routing the opponent in.

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
Kassian didn't deserve anything there. That's what I hate about IIHF, if it sounds big or if the player gets injured, it's a penalty and possibly a suspension. Clean hit.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Visentin was scheduled to play Norway anyway, wasn't he?

I doubt Kassian will serve anymore time. I'm hoping Marouelli has some common sense and will look at the hit from every angle.

Yes, he will play tomorrow...probably only get 10 shots though

The problem is it will be tough for visentin to start against Sweden when he will have only seen 10-15 competitive shots in nearly 2 weeks

HemskyToHall*

It's not like Roy cost the game for the team, he made some decent saves.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->