GDT: Group B • Dec. 27 • Czech Republic 2, Norway 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
the german channel of eurosport2 shows all games of canada and the semis and the final. so somehow they seem to have the rights to those games. looks like they simply take the TSN streams and use german commentators instead.
the last 2 years the same channel had even more games of the WJC.

from what i can tell, eurosport bought those games from TSN directly since no-one has exclusive rights in germany and other areas that eurosport will be broadcasting this (i believe TC gets decent ratings in UK).

No german, norwiegan, or swiss (but they lucked out, since all the big countries show their games against switzerland) networks bought broadcast rights. Who knows why. My guess is that they felt the demand wasnt worth the price, especially with so many late night games.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
from what i can tell, eurosport bought those games from TSN directly since no-one has exclusive rights in germany and other areas that eurosport will be broadcasting this (i believe TC gets decent ratings in UK).

ah, that makes sense.

No german, norwiegan, or swiss (but they lucked out, since all the big countries show their games against switzerland) networks bought broadcast rights. Who knows why. My guess is that they felt the demand wasnt worth the price, especially with so many late night games.

hockey in norway is...well...not important enough. in germany it's similar. it wouldn't draw much viewers late at night. 1am is not exactly a good time to show a hockey game of 19y olds.
that's why the IIHF should make sure to offer online streams for the fans who would stay up to watch the WJC. unless they want to lose those who support the tournament here too. you don't grow interest by losing the ones you already caught.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
****ing great. It's say EQ on IIHF, but I see that CZE got a penalty not long before the goal.

C'mon boys!

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Can't say I'm satisfied. But 3 points count. Hopefully they will go a little bit less nervous to the next game.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
the german channel of eurosport2 shows all games of canada and the semis and the final. so somehow they seem to have the rights to those games. looks like they simply take the TSN streams and use german commentators instead.
the last 2 years the same channel had even more games of the WJC.

Yeah, no European network bought the rights to Canada's games(understandable), so I guess Eurosport figured they'd buy them. I'm happy for it, because this group has many interesting games. Also, I thought eurosport2 was the same in all countries, with the exception of local commentators at times, no? Usually I only watch Eurosport2 when they show the extra Grand Slam tennis there, so I couldn't tell.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Yeah, no European network bought the rights to Canada's games(understandable), so I guess Eurosport figured they'd buy them. I'm happy for it, because this group has many interesting games. Also, I thought eurosport2 was the same in all countries, with the exception of local commentators at times, no? Usually I only watch Eurosport2 when they show the extra Grand Slam tennis there, so I couldn't tell.

i think every country has different schedules for eurosport and eurosport2. they go by what is more interesting in a specific country. of course a lot is the same.

Boom King

Dec 11, 2010
If anyone was at this game please post what you thought of the game and the teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->