GDT: Group B • Dec. 27 • Czech Republic 2, Norway 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2011 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP B
DECEMBER 27 • 7:00 PM ET • 1:00 AM CET (Dec. 28)
flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

No Streams Available Whatsoever

Live Summary

Dwyer-Arena.jpg

Dwyer Arena, Lewiston, New York

Czech Republic
Official lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
11 Andrej Nestrašil (A)
|
23 Roman Horák​
|
25 Robin Soudek​
|
8 Michal Hlinka (A)
|
26 David Tůma​
|
27 Jakub Orsava​
|-
14 Jakub Culek​
|
17 Petr Holík​
|
5 Martin Frk​
|-
18 Ondřej Palát​
|
19 Antonín Honejsek​
|
21 Petr Straka​
|-
-​
|
Extra Forward:
|
10 Tomáš Rachůnek​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
12 Jakub Jeřábek (C)
|
7 Dalibor Řezníček​
|-
9 Petr Šenkeřík​
|
24 Adam Sedlák​
|
-​
|
4 Oldřich Horák​
|
15 Martin Pláněk​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
2 Marek Mazanec​
|
1 Filip Novotný​
|
-​

Norway
Official lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
21 Mats R. Olsen​
|
9 Andreas Stene (C)
|
19 Jonas Oppøyen​
|

24 Joacim Sundelius​
|
12 Rasmus Juell​
|
13 Sondre Olden​
|-

22 Hans K. Hollstedt (A)
|
10 Magnus Lindahl​
|
15 Michael Haga​
|-
11 Petter R. Fossen​
|
18 Nicholas Weberg​
|
28 Simen Brekke​
|-
-​
|
Extra Forward:
|
14 Eirik Børresen​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
3 Nicolai Bryhnisveen​
|
5 Tobias Skaarberg​
|-
27 Daniel Rokseth​
|
29 Robin Andersen​
|
-​
|-
8 Adrian Danielsen​
|
7 Kenneth Madsø (A)
|-
6 Jens U. Bacher​
|
-​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
1 Steffen Søberg​
|
26 Lars Volden​
|
-​

Officials
- | -
wde.gif
Daniel Konc |Referee
wca.gif
Pat Smith|Referee
wat.gif
Christian Kaspar|Linesman
wde.gif
Felix Winnekens|Linesman

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
No stream for this one either? I think only one of Norways four games will be televised, that is ********!

babyshamble

Sep 11, 2006
Oslo/Bangkok
Lets go Norway.

3-1 for Norway today. Goals by Roselli Olsen, Olden and Stene

Watch out for our first line today with Stene-Roselli Olsen and Oppoyen they played together with great chemistry in the Norwegian Elite League last year.

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
lines according to hokej.cz

nestrasil - horak - soudek
hlinka - tuma - orsava
frk - culek - holik
rachunek - palat - honejsek

reznicek - jerabek
senkerik - sedlak
o.horak - planek

mazanec

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
lines according to hokej.cz

nestrasil - horak - soudek
hlinka - tuma - orsava
frk - culek - holik
rachunek - palat - honejsek

reznicek - jerabek
senkerik - sedlak
o.horak - planek

mazanec

I think they copied it wrong from IIHF... IMO Rachunek is 13th forward and Straka is there like this: Palat-Honejsek-Straka (http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/IHM236B06_54B_1_0.pdf). Anyway, it looks like the second line will be defensive one and rest is planned to be offensive.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I am pretty sure that they only hold the rights to televise in Canada. Rights are handled just like the Olympics.

It would be nice if the IIHF provided an online feed from the house feed from the arena scoreboard or something on their site, or allow TSN (as the Canadian rights-holder) to stream if off their site. They would only need a single camera, and would not have to provide commentary. While the audience would not be large, certainly there are people that are interested (hundreds maybe?). I know certain Canadian high school sports teams provide this service, with an extremely small audience watching (tens of people?), so it can't be that expensive.

The Olympics are a big deal certainly, but all of the smaller events that did not feature Canadian athletes were streamed on the CTV site and were available to be watched, whether people were actually watching or not.

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
I think they copied it wrong from IIHF... IMO Rachunek is 13th forward and Straka is there like this: Palat-Honejsek-Straka (http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/IHM236B06_54B_1_0.pdf). Anyway, it looks like the second line will be defensive one and rest is planned to be offensive.

you're probably right. I've been wondering where is Straka, another injury/absence would suck. I like these lines, but am a little bit (ok, a lot) scared of our defense. Jerabek-Reznicek pairing is pretty ok I think, but those other d-pairs...oof. Hope hockey gods and someone in Vitkovice are happy, Musil and Polasek would raise our chances of success heavily. But should be an easy game tonight

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
the tournament is a joke because norway doesnt want to cover it on tv?

I think only one company has the rights to the cameras. They can then choose what price they want to sell the images for. You can buy the entire game or just the highlights. That's the impression i got from watching the swedish announcers talking about it in the exebition game against Canada.

It's understandable that some nations choose not to televise some games due to low interest. And some major countries not televising the games against the weaker opontens.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
czech pp now. Oppoyen in the box. IIHF isnt updating shots, but i assume they would have updated goals so it's 0-0 still.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
czech pp now. Oppoyen in the box. IIHF isnt updating shots, but i assume they would have updated goals so it's 0-0 still.

not familiar with the IIHF site, eh? ;)

penalties, goals are updated immediately. shots only each intermission

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
I think only one company has the rights to the cameras. They can then choose what price they want to sell the images for. You can buy the entire game or just the highlights. That's the impression i got from watching the swedish announcers talking about it in the exebition game against Canada.

TSN had the rights to all the exhibitions in canada.

Media can buy the rights to the tournament from their individual federations. NHLnet has a 3 year contract with USA hockey. TSN and RDS have deals with Hockey Canada. I assume the same goes for other countries.

If a country doesnt want to send their own trucks, they have to request the feed from local broadcasters. This year TSN and NHLNET are coordinating that. With yesterday's NOR-SWE game, i assume the request was denied because both networks were set up at HSBC for their own countries games there.

The problem with Norway and Germany is that no networks in their country even have broadcasting rights for this tournament. No one wants to carry it. If norwiegan and german fans are lucky, they can catch the opponent's broadcast via an illegal stream, but only 4 countries are carrying all their teams games this year (CAN, USA, RUS, FIN). Still, that means half of each of norway and germany's round robin games are covered, pretty good for a country that isnt covering the tournament at all.

If you're a german or norwiegan hockey fan, complain to your hockey federation. Maybe next tournament (or 2 years from now if you're relegated), they will get a network to cover it.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
TSN had the rights to all the exhibitions in canada.

Media can buy the rights to the tournament from their individual federations. NHLnet has a 3 year contract with USA hockey. TSN and RDS have deals with Hockey Canada. I assume the same goes for other countries.

If a country doesnt want to send their own trucks, they have to request the feed from local broadcasters. This year TSN and NHLNET are coordinating that. With yesterday's NOR-SWE game, i assume the request was denied because both networks were set up at HSBC for their own countries games there.

The problem with Norway and Germany is that no networks in their country even have broadcasting rights for this tournament. No one wants to carry it. If norwiegan and german fans are lucky, they can catch the opponent's broadcast via an illegal stream, but only 4 countries are carrying all their teams games this year (CAN, USA, RUS, FIN). Still, that means half of each of norway and germany's round robin games are covered, pretty good for a country that isnt covering the tournament at all.

If you're a german or norwiegan hockey fan, complain to your hockey federation. Maybe next tournament (or 2 years from now if you're relegated), they will get a network to cover it.

Ah that explains it. Thanks for clearing it up.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
The problem with Norway and Germany is that no networks in their country even have broadcasting rights for this tournament.

the german channel of eurosport2 shows all games of canada and the semis and the final. so somehow they seem to have the rights to those games. looks like they simply take the TSN streams and use german commentators instead.
the last 2 years the same channel had even more games of the WJC.

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
Whatever the reason, it is unacceptable how this few games are getting shown this year.

Massive fiasco from the IIHF. Did they price the broadcasts out of the market or/and did they sell it all to TSN who subsequently just weren't interested in showing the - for them - less important games?

It's absolutely pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->