GDT: Group B • Dec. 26 • Finland 2, United States 3 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

obsenssive*

ffwwwwahahahahahah

the goal went and I was shocked to realize there was a crowd watching!

I have seen crowds of 1000 people louder than this!

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I found it funny when Pierre mentioned Shattack st marys the first player he names is Zach Parise.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
God do I love Justin Faulk. Just thinking about the Canes blueline here in 3 years... that's going to be nasty in all the right ways.

In Exisle

Nov 24, 2006
Boston, MA
ffwwwwahahahahahah

the goal went and I was shocked to realize there was a crowd watching!

I have seen crowds of 1000 people louder than this!

You do realize that as a country Canada cares 8 billion times more about the WJC than the rest of the world, right?

In the US this tournament has a pretty small following of hardcore hockey fans and in the years we host a good portion of the crowd is probably locals seeing what the fuss is about.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
U.S. looks good so far. I like their D better than Canada's. Leddy is playing a nice game.

Good overall team speed, pass the puck well, solid goaltending. Impressed so far.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
You do realize that as a country Canada cares 8 billion times more about the WJC than the rest of the world, right?

In the US this tournament has a pretty small following of hardcore hockey fans and in the years we host a good portion of the crowd is probably locals seeing what the fuss is about.

No excuse for such a small showing. Didn't they adverstise during Sabres games at least?

JUICEY*

I'm still pissed the Hawks didn't draft Faulk.

Leddy, Olsen and Faulk would be nice. With Olsen and Faulk having that chemistry.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
We made far too many poor passes in the first period, only shots were on the pp, Pulkkinen and Vatanen basically. Powerplay was pretty much the only time Pulkkinen got a chance to shoot, didn't get much of the puck.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
No excuse for such a small showing. Didn't they adverstise during Sabres games at least?

???? What are you talking about?? Also have you ever seen a WJC that hasn't been in Canada?

BuffaloPete

Nov 27, 2010
Buffalo

Ticket sales this year for the entire tournament have already surpassed the sales for last year's tournament, and last year it was IN Canada.

I'm not going to pretend that people here are flocking to the USA games, but you need to understand, that most people in the US (especially outside Buffalo) have no idea what the Junior system is all about.
There is no television coverage here, unless you have NHL Network, and that's basically just a few hardcore fans.
And you're not going to get a ton of people for the preliminary round games unless it's Canada. So, say what you will, but there is quite some excitement in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad