GDT: Group B • April 29 • Switzerland 1, France 0 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Preliminary Round • Group B
flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

April 28, 2011 • 16:15 CET • 10:15 AM EDT

SteelArena.jpg

Steel Arena, Košice, Slovakia

Switzerland
Official lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
32 Ivo Rüthemann (A)
|
28 Martin Plüss (A)
|
51 Ryan Gardner​
|-
25 Thibaut Monnet​
|
10 Andres Ambühl​
|
71 Kevin Lötschner​
|-
82 Simon Moser​
|
43 Morris Trachsler​
|
44 Matthias Bieber​
|-
22 Victor Stancescu​
|
67 Romano Lemm​
|
86 Julien Sprunger​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
57 Goran Bezina​
|
16 Raphael Díaz​
|
31 Mathias Seger (C)
|
13 Félicien Du Bois​
|
-​
|
3 Julien Vauclair​
|
54 Philippe Furrer​
|
-​
|
47 Luca Sbisa​
|
-​
|
-​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
52 Tobias Stephan​
|
63 Leonardo Genoni​
|
-​

Scratched | Reason
G 79 Daniel Manzato|
Healthy​
|-

France
Official lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
41 Pierre-Édouard Bellemare​
|
10 Laurent Meunier (C)
|
77 Sacha Treille​
|-
21 Julien Desrosiers​
|
14 Stéphane Da Costa​
|
9 Damien Fleury​
|-
28 Laurent Gras​
|
80 Teddy Da Costa​
|
13 Luc Tardif​
|-
82 Damien Raux​
|
22 Brian Henderson​
|
17 Jérémie Romand​
|-
-​
|
Extra Forward:
|
23 Nicolas Arrossamena​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
74 Nicolas Besch​
|
18 Yohann Auvitu​
|
3 Vincent Bachet (A)
|
84 Kévin Hecquefeuille (A)
|
-​
|
38 Thomas Roussel​
|
20 Maxime Moisand​
|
-​
|
21 Jonathan Janil​
|
-​
|
-​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
39 Cristobal Huet​
|
41 Fabrice Lhenry​
|
-​

Scratched | Reason
G 33 Ronan Quemener|
Healthy​
|-

OFFICIALS | -
wfi.gif
Sami Partanen|Referee
wfi.gif
Jyri-Petteri Rönn|Referee
wee.gif
Anton Semionov|Linesman
wfi.gif
Jari Levonen |Linesman

STREAMS | Info SUI 99 | SopCast Rusports2 |-

Last edited:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
It's not clear if Luca Sbisa will play, he came to Svk yesterday but his baggage didn't made it there yet, and he'll only play if everything is there for the game.

Thomas Déruns is also not clear yet, he's injured.

If Déruns can play, Simon Moser and Daniel Rubin are healthy scratches. In the defence Sean Simpson won't register Phillipe Furrer.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
It's not clear if Luca Sbisa will play, he came to Svk yesterday but his baggage didn't made it there yet, and he'll only play if everything is there for the game.

Thomas Déruns is also not clear yet, he's injured.

If Déruns can play, Simon Moser and Daniel Rubin are healthy scratches. In the defence Sean Simpson won't register Phillipe Furrer.

so with Sbisa' equiment and everything about LJV still missing. He'll go with 6 D I guess?

and if Deruns can't play, he'll probably add Si. Moser, who got a similar game.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Goalies and D look very solid, but on O they are still 2 or 3 top-talents away of being real contenders in general, and in this year especially. But with a perfectly timed tournament there's a slim chance to medal for 3rd or even 2nd, I think they will finally win one in the next few years. But as always they could fall out of the top 8 as well.

I really think Simpson is the best thing that could have happened to the NT, and hope he gets this team close to the level of game quality he worked out of the ZSC Lions on international stage. This combination of heart and discipline to work on D as a team, mixed with a hard forechecking and a convinced all-team effort on O as well,with believe in the own skills. Still the best performances in a row I've seen of any swiss team, any time.

cenas*

Goalies and D look very solid, but on O they are still 2 or 3 top-talents away of being real contenders in general, and in this year especially. But with a perfectly timed tournament there's a slim chance to medal for 3rd or even 2nd, I think they will finally win one in the next few years. But as always they could fall out of the top 8 as well.

If you team has a chance to drop out of the top 8 without a total shake up in the organization or public outcry, you are way farther from a big X slot than you might think.

mrSlot

Jan 18, 2009
tsürii
If you team has a chance to drop out of the top 8 without a total shake up in the organization or public outcry, you are way farther from a big X slot than you might think.

that was exactly what I was thinking! I think every team in the top 6 is able to win a medal, but our ntl team is not yet ready for that task, until something like the `94/`95 lockout happens again.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Simpson registers 7 D and 12 F, so one spot ist still open (Weber?).

Not registered: Déruns, Rubin and Beat Gerber.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
That would mean we'll see the Moser-Trachsler-Lötscher line that worked well in the exhibiton games and the three Kloten forwards will play on the same line.

Manny*

This could actually be a pretty good game. It's too bad I won't be able to watch..

Go Da Costa.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Terrible first period by Switzerland. I don't like Rüthemann playing defense on the powerplay, you can feel he's not comfortable there.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
That would mean we'll see the Moser-Trachsler-Lötscher line that worked well in the exhibiton games and the three Kloten forwards will play on the same line.

Lötscher with Ambühl and Monnet, Stancescu with Lemm and Sprunger.

The checker-line is Trachsler, Bieber and Moser who looks very good.

First period more chances for France, the Swiss seem to be a little bit unconcentrated, too many errors.

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
Terrible first period by Switzerland. I don't like Rüthemann playing defense on the powerplay, you can feel he's not comfortable there.

Same here. I would place Sbisa there instead of Rüthemann.
First period was weak.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Is there anyone watching the game at the arena? I only got a glimpse during GER-RUS intermission and it seemed really empty. (as should have been expected asking 30-40 euro fors SUI-FRA game....)

Moen is Gone

@MoeninGlory
Feb 13, 2007
Grenoble
twitter.com
Good 1st period for France. Some nice chances, especially on two shorthanded breakaways. Cristo looks focused, giving very few rebounds.

Good puck movement on the PP, hopefully they'll take more shots on goal and try to capitalize before Switzerland wakes up :handclap:

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Indeed, Switzerland is playing very ugly, especially the Plüss-Gardner-Rüthemann line is showing nothing.

SnackTime

Apr 29, 2011
Pretty big suprise from France to take atleast 1 point from switzerland. Huet playing a great game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad