GDT: Group B • Dec. 30 • Russia 8, Norway 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
No offense to Norway, but any team that loses to Norway is a big embarrassment.

Did you watch their game against Canada? They were actually pretty decent. Yes Canada did slack off after a while, but Norway outshot Canada in the first period and had some nice scoring chances. the way the Russians are playing, and after losing their first 2 and being demorilized, it's possible. it would definately be embarrassing but not as much as most would think. watching the game now here it's actually pretty even, Russia are getting chances and so are Norway. I can see Norway beating Germany or Slovakia in the relegation round

Shots were 10-9 Russia

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Did you watch their game against Canada? They were actually pretty decent. Yes Canada did slack off after a while, but Norway outshot Canada in the first period and had some nice scoring chances. the way the Russians are playing, and after losing their first 2 and being demorilized, it's possible. it would definately be embarrassing but not as much as most would think. watching the game now here it's actually pretty even, Russia are getting chances and so are Norway. I can see Norway beating Germany or Slovakia in the relegation round

Shots were 10-9 Russia

They need to beat both if they want to stay there for another year. Very unlikely, but I think they are doing very well compared to other teams who came up lately.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Mu Question is why isnt the Russia squad this year as good as they have been in the past. Is it because of the strong pool they are in? or just not that good of a squad this year?

member 30781

Mu Question is why isnt the Russia squad this year as good as they have been in the past. Is it because of the strong pool they are in? or just not that good of a squad this year?

They arent playing the way they are capable of.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
They arent playing the way they are capable of.

yep. on paper the team looks pretty good. i think against canada they had some really good moments. it's just that they don't seem to be able to play up to their talent for complete games. maybe it's coaching. russian coaching is still so awful and killing so many good russian teams. :shakehead

Libbs

Jul 20, 2010
Halifax, NS

This was pretty much the same Russian squad that won 4 of 6 games last month in the CHL Super Series.

IMHO... if Russia (and other countries) continue to play the political games and not include the best players (regardless where they are playing) on their teams, they won't be able to compete in these international tournaments.

In the OHL alone, Namestikov and Khokhlachev would easily be in their top 5 best players.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
2nd period over, still 3-2, Russia was better and controlled the play more in that period, but if Norway and sneak a goal in the 3rd, anything can happen

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Am I seeing that shot count right? Russia had 30 shots in the 2nd period?

Russia Scored :(

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
8-2 is the final score. I only managed to start watching when the score was 3-2, so I don't know what happened earlier, but it was all Russia in the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Still made a couple silly mistakes that against a stronger opponent could've led to goals against and took some unnecessary penalties, so there's a lot of work left for Bragin ahead of tomorrow's game.

Hopefully the 8 goals will give the scorers some confidence and momentum though and we can take this offensive prowess into the game against the Czechs.

Fulcrum

Despite the score- overall, poor game by Russia. They played well for 30 out of 60 minutes. oi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad