GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Canada 10, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
Just to put this into perspective for you all:

Their captain is 13th in scoring on his WHL team with 7pts in 35 games. I'm gonna call a blow-out. Just a hunch.

BTW, can anyone supply a link to the TSN feed. I can't seem to find out how to open it while I'm in the states.

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
Am I the only one that thinks that Olsen has been terrible? Time to give Barrie more time with Ellis instead.

Olsen has been absolutely brutal. Get him the hell away from this team. Horrible all over the ice. Not making good decisions and giving away the puck a lot.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Just to put this into perspective for you all:

Their captain is 13th in scoring on his WHL team with 7pts in 35 games. I'm gonna call a blow-out. Just a hunch.

BTW, can anyone supply a link to the TSN feed. I can't seem to find out how to open it while I'm in the states.

25 games. But Stene is still translating to the NA ice. He will get better in the second half of the season. The Blackhawks was really impressed with him when he was at their prospect camp last year.

flames123

Oct 21, 2009
Kelowna
25 games. But Stene is still translating to the NA ice. He will get better in the second half of the season. The Blackhawks was really impressed with him when he was at their camp last year, can't remember when.

Don't mean to be rude or anything, but how do you know this? Have you even watched him play in Kelowna? I have season tickets and have seen him 20 or so times this year and he has been one of our worst players. His skating style is awkward and almost funny to watch. He has good skill but he almost looks lazy (but I don't that is what it is) and is a soft player. I know the management of the club here had hopes that he would be a #1 centre for us but he has been far from that. If he was truely a good player he would have adapted by now imo.

I really do hope he turns it around for the sake of him and the team here.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Don't mean to be rude or anything, but how do you know this? Have you even watched him play in Kelowna? I have season tickets and have seen him 20 or so times this year and he has been one of our worst players. His skating style is awkward and almost funny to watch. He has good skill but he almost looks lazy (but I don't that is what it is) and is a soft player. I know the management of the club here had hopes that he would be a #1 centre for us but he has been far from that. If he was truely a good player he would have adapted by now imo.

I really do hope he turns it around for the sake of him and the team here.

Adapting takes time, and it depends on the player too. Different players use different amount of time to adjust to new things. Look Jacob Markström (example), he was dominating in the SEL on a terrible team that he carried, and he has had a troubling start in the AHL. I know Rochester has been weak defensively, but still Markström hasn't been as good as he was in the SEL. It takes time. To expect a impact this early is kind of ignorant. I know it's a different level and position, but still it's about adjusting to a new rink and new place where you don't know anyone. It takes time, and people a different amount of time to adjust to all of this.

I have not seen him play for Kelowna, because it's kind of hard when I live in Norway. But I wish I could. Seen some highlights though, and trying to read. But it's kind of hard finding info on his play in WHL.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Anybody watching TSN? Who was that just interviewed? Ryan Hushka(sp?)...he looked exactly like Pierre Mcguire. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->