GDT: Group B • Dec. 29 • Canada 10, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart_House_Ca

Feb 21, 2004
7-1 Canada.

Canada's lucky number seems to be 7.

Norway scores on the powerplay with a two man advantage. Canada will be too tired to run up the score.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
11 forwards means Connolly will get some good ice time tonight. Thats a good sign as he showed some great flashes yesterday, and will be crucial to scoring goals especially against Lehner and the Swedes

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
The lines I wanted to see Canada ice before yesterday's game all played together at some point during last night's game.

Here's to hoping they stay together tonight:

Ashton (replacing Kassian) - Johansen - Foligno
Schwartz - Schenn - Connolly
Eakin - Couturier - Leblanc
Hamilton - Cizikas - Howden

NeverGoingToWin

Jul 24, 2004
Any updates on Schwartz and De Haan? What happened to both exactly?

Both went into the boards awkwardly. There has been no update on what the possible injuries are. The most information we will get from Hockey Canada is they both have lower-body injuries.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I hope de Haan and Schwartz both sit out. Schwartz was limping on the ice yet he still scored on the PP. :amazed:

Both need to rest for the Sweden game.

Pyke*

I hope de Haan and Schwartz both sit out. Schwartz was limping on the ice yet he still scored on the PP. :amazed:

Both need to rest for the Sweden game.

de Haan couldn't stand under his own power in the hallway, he shouldn't be playing.

Schwartz is clearly hurt, why further his injury in a meaningless game against Norway?

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo

He would have had another one too, if not for the Czech goalie getting across his crease fast to make a great save on a PP in the 2nd. I think that was Schwartz's last shift of the game.

Any updates on Schwartz and De Haan? What happened to both exactly?

Schwartz:

590ab9a6.png

de Haan:
d7a77e7a.png

Last edited:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
yeah, we really dont need 7 dmen today. Let CDH sit and be ready for NYE.

I apologize in advance to norway. You may not match up to canada in hockey yet, but you sure have cool curling pants.

Pyke*

yeah, we really dont need 7 dmen today. Let CDH sit and be ready for NYE.

I apologize in advance to norway. You may not match up to canada in hockey yet, but you sure have cool curling pants.

:P. Norway is awesome. Further, as far as desserts go, Tynnlefse is frigging amazing. Favourite dessert by FAR.

Norway's improving as a hockey country though (and so is Denmark, in geographically proximate story. I still think a pool at a World Championships with Sweden - Norway - Finland - Denmark would be awesome). Just not there yet.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Not sure why Schwarz or de Haan would play. There is no need to risk aggravating an injury in a game like this (with all due respect to Norway). I also question why Schwarz was playing after he was injured yesterday. He was clearly limping on the bench and could barely make it back to the Canada bench when he served that major. The game was out of reach once Leblanc scored that shorty so there was no point in my mind to have Schwarz out there, regardless of whether or not it was a PP.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I know that Olsen will be playing since de Haan is kinda injured, but I really don't want to see him on the top pairing against the Swedes. All he has done is make mistakes.

Am I the only one that thinks that Olsen has been terrible? Time to give Barrie more time with Ellis instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad