wca.gif
Vlad O'Tarasen
wru.gif
Riyan Ellisov

Last edited:

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
I didn't think Cowen played THAT good. He did have mistakes.

But, those mistakes that I noticed were normally wiped out mere seconds later by him making a very solid play.

If he could minimize the mistakes in the first place, he would be absolute dynamite.

No one in Canada's top 6 forwards or top 4 defense was mistake free, the Russians are a quality opponent. I was just laughing about the people who said Cowen was awful just because they saw the back of his jersey as a result of a PK and Olsen's turnover.

His mobility and 6'5 235 frame will be valuable, he has more to give. Bob and Pierre thought him and Ellis were Canada's 2 best guys on D...before hearing what anyone had to say I tended to agree.

His first impression last year is weighing down the way people perceive him. If this was last year there's no way he would have been playing in that game.

Davebo*

Continue here if you like.

Scoring
1-0. Kitsyn (Urychev, Orlov)
1-1. Foligno (Leblac, de Haan)
1-2. Ellis (unassisted)
2-2. Dvurechensky (Voronin, Orlov)
2-3. Gudbrandon (Howden, Couturier)
3-3. Sobchenko (Tarasenko, Urychev)
3-4. Johansen (Schwartz)
3-5. Schenn (Kassian, Schwartz)
3-6. Hamilton (Schenn)

Players of the Game
wca.gif
Vladimir Tarasenko
wru.gif
Ryan Ellis

Fix your players of the game.

Canada is the one with the maple leaf... :sarcasm: ;)

Davebo*

Whoops - didn't see you post, hototogisu. One is enough - delete mine...

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Cowen's getting better by the game. You can see him starting to get more and more confident as the games go on. He had to make up for some really bad decisions by Olsen - in fact, I was quite excited to see him with Barrie (I think) for a while, much better.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I thought Despres had a quietly efficient game. Moved the puck smoothly in transition, got a lot of shots from the point off quick to start the game, and had the little rush down the pipe that played a part in a Canadian goal.

He had one sequence where he didn't plant a guy along the boards that led to Russian offensive zone time, but other than that, pretty solid.

hockeystick89

Oct 30, 2009
Courturier looks to have probably the best hands on the team and a very heavy shot, hope to see more out of him as the tournament goes on.

Manny*

Schenn hasn't lived up to the hype, from what I've seen the last two years. He's simply been bad.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
This response is directed at KristoLeblanc from the other thread...

Who do you think is more qualified to give his opinion on Leblanc? Someone with Leblanc's name in their HF handle or someone who has been around the QMJHL for over 10 years watching kids come up from Bantam??

Im not hating on Leblanc...a lot of people think he will be a good 3rd liner...last time I checked thats not a bad thing.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Tarashenko looked amazing for the Russians, really strong on his feet and stick. Not to mention really fast and skilled.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Tarashenko looked amazing for the Russians, really strong on his feet and stick. Not to mention really fast and skilled.

Tarasenko is not 'really fast'. If he were that fast he could take the d-men on the outside. He cant. Thats why he stretches his stick out all the time like that. That wont work so well at the next level. Thats what prevents him from being a dominant player.

Godfather

Feb 13, 2004
Tarasenko is not 'really fast'. If he were that fast he could take the d-men on the outside. He cant. Thats why he stretches his stick out all the time like that. That wont work so well at the next level. Thats what prevents him from being a dominant player.

You sound like your not to high on this kid, you've posted before about him. But after this tourney there will be 14 NHL GM's that wish they took the chance that St. Louis did at #16 in the 2010 draft.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
You sound like your not to high on this kid, you've posted before about him. But after this tourney there will be 14 NHL GM's that wish they took the chance that St. Louis did at #16 in the 2010 draft.

I honestly doubt it..because the kid doesnt have a long enough track record to see if he will head back to the KHL when the going gets tough.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

Everyone knew this guy was a top 5 talent in last years draft. Lighting up this tournament will not make them do any second guessing they already haven't done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad