GDT: Group A - May 9 - Sweden vs Austria

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Dude austria is god awful

It has nothing to do with it, that second line looked so meh against Belarus amd France with Kempe on the line they looked a lot better.

It has nothing to do with EP, i bet he'd even look better on the 3rd line and PP time.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Kempe belongs on that 2nd line, no doubt.
I agree. It doesn't matter who they faced, Kempe energized his linemates and handled the puck with speed and strength. He's not short of skill either in an offensive role, much like Janmark.

The Pettersson experiment is over. Against tougher opponents, we need someone like Kempe or Hörnqvist on the second line. Pettersson is a great asset on the PP, but 5 on5, he has been useless, frankly. And that's not picking on him, he's young and with great talent, but his physical game and puck strength is simply put abysmal. It's not good enough at international level.

I rather watch Kempe push the offense, than watch Pettersson get knocked off the puck by player X that nobody has heard of. It's as simple as that.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
That was by far the worst attempt at a powerplay I’ve seen this tournament.

Austria was abysmal (!) on the PP today, really.
They wouldn't have scored, if given a dozen opportunities more by the Swedes. But even on even strength they wasted the best chances, particularly in the first period.
A ray of light at the end of the tunnel for Team Belarus.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I agree. It doesn't matter who they faced, Kempe energized his linemates and handled the puck with speed and strength. He's not short of skill either in an offensive role, much like Janmark.

The Pettersson experiment is over. Against tougher opponents, we need someone like Kempe or Hörnqvist on the second line. Pettersson is a great asset on the PP, but 5 on5, he has been useless, frankly. And that's not picking on him, he's young and with great talent, but his physical game and puck strength is simply put abysmal. It's not good enough at international level.

I rather watch Kempe push the offense, than watch Pettersson get knocked off the puck by player X that nobody has heard of. It's as simple as that.
EP experiment is over? the guy scored 2 points last game, and the coach called him the best player on the ice lmao

Reactions: nickeleyegoldopin

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Fantastic Austrian fans! They dont even need a game just an arena to spread good energy! Did you see the swedish guy among all Austrians he said on the radio that he went over to them because they were wonderfull to hang out with. Seems to be a great atmosphere.

aparently he ordered wrong ticket but bas happy anyway

Last edited:

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
EP experiment is over? the guy scored 2 points last game, and the coach called him the best player on the ice lmao

First you say "Austria sucks dude" and now you use EP's game against France as an argument why he should stay on the 2nd line. Aight.

Struggling to find the Grönborg qoute aswell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->