GDT: Group A - May 8 - Czech Republic vs Switzerland

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Switzerland played better than the Czech Republic in this game. BTW... It's a tad arrogant to consider a game against Switzerland an "easy win".
Czechs were better 5on5 overall, shaky in the 1st, dominant in the 3rd/OT. It's not like they were taking penalties cause they were pinned in their own zone either, just straight up dumb offensive zone penalties.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Switzerland played better than the Czech Republic in this game. BTW... It's a tad arrogant to consider a game against Switzerland an "easy win".

I half agree with you... consider the Swiss an easy win is not arrogant, it's suicide.lol

Not sure if I feel the Swiss were better... maybe the first 30 minutes but the last 35 it felt like a lot of Czech chances.

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
yep very arrogant from some czechs here, it seems they are really bad winners ;)

Why generalize? Almost everyone agrees it was a close game, it could have gone on either sides, really. The Swiss have been killing it in PP and overall played a very solid game (better defense compared to ours imo) with multiple good scoring chances - there is no doubt about that. Czechs started into the first & second period taking dumb penalties, thereby ruined their start and had to chase the fully deserved Swiss lead & momentum for the rest of the game, too many phases throughout the Czech game were far too shaky (weak PK overall & sleepy 1st & mediocre 2nd period), however in the 3rd and OT we managed to step up our game by a bit.

Even though we did not convince in the past games (and unfortunately past tournaments as well), there is a consensus in terms of expectation with our team (despite our current developmental challenges). No one is diminishing the Swiss effort or the fact that the Swiss team has made a huge step to the top 6 nations in the last years, producing elite talent (Hischier, Josi, Niederreiter etc.). Congrats on that.

But from Czech side I expect and believe in a more disciplined and concentrated game from our team and to be really honest with you in most games: a win over Switzerland, irrespective of my bias.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
What a weird, up-and-down match. Lucky win but all those penalties...almost none was necessary. Complete no-show from Faksa and Cervenka for the whole match, Chytil was also invisible. Jaskin has to calm down a bit. On the other hand, Kubalik and Necas both with a very solid performance! It seems that Necas is our number 1 centre right now.

Necas performance was pretty dominant. Whenever he's on the ice, he's making things happen. Sees the ice well, exhibits great puck distribution, is an amazing skater who time and again overskates opposing defenders. Holy moly, if Pastrnak and Krejci join this team, and get to play together with him. :)

Reactions: czechmate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->