GDT: Group A - May 8 - Czech Republic vs Switzerland

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Thank god! Killed a 4 minute powerplay and stopped a penalty shot... we're due for something now!

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Czech were the better team in the third period, fair result overall. I would have kept the timeout in case there is an icing in overtime.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
How did 'put Radko out' in 3 on 3 OT come up? Are the coaches drinking? Even better, it almost worked. Those must be his first ever minutes in a 3 on 3 OT.lol

Reactions: Wooren and SCBdude

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
How did 'put Radko out' in 3 on 3 OT come up? Are the coaches drinking? Even better, it almost worked. Those must be his first ever minutes in a 3 on 3 OT.lol

Interestingly enough, he was out there against the Slovaks too... and had some nice offensive moves there too heh

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like the Czechs have been much stronger in the last 20 minutes of play or so... however, it is a shootout now and that doesn't matter at all. Give credit to Genoni as he made a lot of great saves. Basically, if I only saw the third period I'd wonder how the score got so high. I hate shootouts... no idea who takes it. I'll say the Czechs but that is pure bias... 50-50

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Interestingly enough, he was out there against the Slovaks too... and had some nice offensive moves there too heh

Good for him.... I'm a big fan but 3 on 3 doesn't strike me as the time they'd use him.lol

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Well Genoni stepped up in the third and OT. Good, 'cause the rest of the team kinda left. All in all a good match, weird but good. Solid first period, crazy second, kinda meh third but solid defense.
I liked Hofmann and Haas together, Andrighetto clearly sees genial passing lines, but also has been giving away the puck a little too often...

vnahodil

May 12, 2016
What a weird, up-and-down match. Lucky win but all those penalties...almost none was necessary. Complete no-show from Faksa and Cervenka for the whole match, Chytil was also invisible. Jaskin has to calm down a bit. On the other hand, Kubalik and Necas both with a very solid performance! It seems that Necas is our number 1 centre right now.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Well Genoni stepped up in the third and OT. Good, 'cause the rest of the team kinda left. All in all a good match, weird but good. Solid first period, crazy second, kinda meh third but solid defense.
I liked Hofmann and Haas together, Andrighetto clearly sees genial passing lines, but also has been giving away the puck a little too often...

Absolutely agree.

It's a tough loss, but a game to remember nevertheless.

That second period, it felt like a whole game in the game. Very abrasive emotionaly even when watching on TV. I was totally spent after 40 minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->