GDT: Group A - May 6 - Sweden vs Czech Republic

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Sure, that is fine if reffing was politics. But it isn't. Call a penalty a penalty and don't call crap that isn't even a penalty in women's hockey, or Czechs flopping around like it's a Hollywood audition.

When a team is having possession and pressuring the opponents, they're usually rewarded. Not the case, but Swedish fans are very used to that.

Czechs flopping around - are you kidding? Don't be mad at the refs, they did a good job today. Instead you could criticize the passive behavior of your NHL defenders that after a first period of complete domination against the Czechs retreated in the 2nd and 3rd and let the Czechs come back into the game taking unnecessary penalties (cross checking and hooking).

This constant moaning (bad refs, bad faceoff) is just unbearable, its just about accepting that the IIHF has a different regime when assessing plays than the NHL - so knowing this and expecting a different result in every WC is just comical.

Congrats to the Swedes on their win, was an entertaining game to watch!

Last edited:

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Great game Czechs! Not so impressed by my Sweden. Would like to see the second unit click.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
This reminds me of when ppl nitpicked boeser in the world juniors lmao

Reactions: nucks88

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Czechs flopping around - are you kidding? Don't be mad at the refs, they did a good job today. Instead you could criticize the passive behavior of your NHL defenders that after a first period of complete domination against the Czechs retreated in the 2nd and 3rd and let the Czechs come back into the game taking unnecessary penalties (cross checking and hooking).

This constant moaning (bad refs, bad faceoff) is just unbearable, its just about accepting that the IIHF has a different regime when assessing plays than the NHL - so knowing this and expecting a different result in every WC is just comical.

Congrats to the Swedes on their win, was an entertaining game to watch!
Sure, I may be embelleshing, the Czechs probably weren't flopping around that much, there were some pretty heavy hits laid out there by the Swedes. But the thing is, I get so tired of these refs and how they affect these games. The linesmen are out of control with their faceoff powertrips, it has been like that for years. And then the refs aren't good enough to see the calls they can take, so they call stuff that isn't even in the rule book. If they can't keep up, maybe the entire ref system has to be changed.

But sure, maybe I should accept that they will just screw up royally once or twice every game and that's part of the game.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Didn't have a chance to watch the game. Since I'm a Flames fan, how did Rittich do during the game? Since he may well be the future for our net... well I just want to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad