GDT: Group A - May 5 - Switzerland vs Austria

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
But probably means he can't play tomorrow too. Which means Fischer has to nominate Walser or play with 11 forwards.

The penalty brought Austria back into a game they weren't in. Like last year with Slovenia.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
A match penalty is an automatic suspension, but not a game misconduct.

Unfortunately, according to the score sheet it's a match penalty.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Im not impressed with the way Corvi handles the puck or sees the ice... you could see that for years.

But didn't expect this presence. He's evolving from an magician to a true leader. Awesome!

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
It all started with Genoni's pass to Kukan a few seconds before.

Tough for Kukan, goes 2 times hard into the boards and then the brainfart.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Atta be SUI.

Huge props to the Austrian goaltender.. He was phenomenal.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Beside Starkbaums monster saves we also have a highlight-goal.

Deserved win, but two points are not enough.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
1 lost point. But they had to fight the dynamics of the game and came through in the end. I'll gladly take 2 points.

Finally a win against Austria again!

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Starkbaum made not one but a few ridiculous saves and also had luck on his side. Austrians got the maximum out of this game, can‘t be unhappy at all with the result. This point could prove to be very important.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think we find a way to take points.
I don't think people should be surprised by the fact that we stole a point. Last time we were up in 2015 we beat Switzerland.

The Swiss and our styles are mirrors, in no small part because our program is designed after theirs. The way to beat Austria is play a great structured game, to use strength and puck possession to keep the puck in the offensive zone for extended periods of time and with big defensemen and creative wing-play to get open shots.

Switzerland and Austria are both new age hockey style countries. Switzerland is used to doing to other bigger countries what Austria does to it as the underdog, just harass the puck, be pesky, and when the opportunity comes to use speed to get chances.

When I heard they didn't have Seigenthaler, and of course not Josi, I figured that would make things a lot more even because if the game is just going to be a track meet, we can keep up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->