GDT: Group A - May 5 - Czech Republic vs Slovakia

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
well look at sekeras stats...he is not a very offensive player.....2-way is what he is...he is like hampus lindholm...

Why should I look at his stats when I know his game inside and out? Do you determine Julius Honka is a defensive defenseman because he only had 4 points this year? Is someone automatically a playmaker because he puts up a lot of assists?

Sekera has struggled with injuries and hasn't had a good season. But there's plenty of offense to his game when he's healthy. In the last four years he's had one 40+ point season and two 30+ point seasons, when scoring in the league has been down.

Sekera is a two way defenseman, sure. That's not the same as being a stay at home d. Sean O'Donnell made a career out of being that. Could he do this?

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Anyway, entertaining game. But rooting for Slovakia is so frustrating. Winning against OAR in the Olympics, only to fail against Slovenia and miss the quarter finals. Now leading this, until 9 seconds remain. And of course, I had money on them... ****

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Anyway, entertaining game. But rooting for Slovakia is so frustrating. Winning against OAR in the Olympics, only to fail against Slovenia and miss the quarter finals. Now leading this, until 9 seconds remain. And of course, I had money on them... ****
There is one important rule... never bet money on or against Slovakia

Someone

Jul 11, 2007
How was Sekera this game? He's crucial to the Oilers D, but his play after he came back from injury was (understandably) concerning.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
How was Sekera this game? He's crucial to the Oilers D, but his play after he came back from injury was (understandably) concerning.

He's had a couple of brainfarts with the puck so far in the tournament, but overall he's been good, especially against the Czech's. He's always a beast on Slovakias national team and a clutch performer. With a healthy offseason, I'd say he'll most likely rebound and be a legit top 4 defenseman in the NHL again next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->