GDT: Group A - May 5 - Czech Republic vs Slovakia

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
I still remember the times when both Czechs and Slovaks had much more skill than Finland. Gaborik, Satan, Demitra, Pondra, Hossa, Chara for team Slovakia and Jagr, Elias, Hemsky, Lang, Kaberle for the Czechs.. Now we more or less the favourites when playing.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
The Swedish announcer just described Andrej Sekera as a veteran who has made a 12 year NHL career out of being a 'stay at home defenseman'. Sometimes I wonder if they just make things up because they think they can get away with it unnoticed...

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
The Swedish announcer just described Andrej Sekera as a veteran who has made a 12 year NHL career out of being a 'stay at home defenseman'. Sometimes I wonder if they just make things up because they think they can get away with it unnoticed...

well look at sekeras stats...he is not a very offensive player.....2-way is what he is...he is like hampus lindholm...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
To me, Czechs were dominant to start and got scored on. This seems familiar. I'd say Plekanec and his line have looked good. Nothing else has stood out for me from Czech side. I could see Slovakia riding this 1-0 lead to a 2-0 lead and then an empty netter... only because I've seen Czechs lose games like this a lot. However, I'll say Czechs score early, shake of the rookie jitters and win 4-3 in a game that makes me lose hair.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I feel like Jaskin is a very noticeable player... both for good and bad. I think his strategy is to run over everybody... he used to be a skill guy, now he is a freight train

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I honestly think we play well. Nestrasil plays good. There are mistakes and slovaks have strategy but we look we are all over them

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If Slovakia wins this it will be a real war of the positions #3, #4, #5 of the group between CZE, SVK and SUI.

vnahodil

May 12, 2016
Necas saved the day. But our PP is horrendous, this is what you get with Gudas as your #1 defender I guess. He is great but as a middle-pairing tough guy not as a PP quarter-back.

Reactions: Vidy and Pixie

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Czechs deserved the win in the end. Slovaks wanted to grind it out and almost did, if it wouldn't be for that empty netter miss. This will sting. Entertaining game though.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
We didn't deserve a single point, but anyway, I just don't get how can they mess up the ending like this. Cingel literally had an empty net and quite a lot of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->