GDT: Group A - May 4 - Sweden vs Belarus

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
80% on his skates 15 % swimming 5% falling :p
It isn’t that bad, but yeah he needs some lower body strenght you could see how much stronger he got even as the SHL season progressed. So all in all I’m not too worried.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
It isn’t that bad, but yeah he needs some lower body strenght you could see how much stronger he got even as the SHL season progressed. So all in all I’m not too worried.
I think he is nervous also

Reactions: EK47

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Larsson played a lot of minutes. How did he do?
Didn't really notice him all that much for a defenseman with his playing style that’s usually a good thing, probably need him to be more physical against better teams though but I think that will sort itself out.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Maybe this has been brought up, but I just realized that the 1st line (Janmark-Zib-Rakell) were all on the same J18 team back in the day. Patrik Nemeth and Joakim Nordström were also on that team:

Elite Prospects - AIK J18

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
How did Belarus players look ?

Belarus backup goalie Mikhail Karnaukhov #1 did a great job when he came in for starter Ivan Kulbakov #31 midway through the second period, stopping 17 out of 18 shots or so. He's damn confident in net, and had some real good saves on point blank shots from incoming Swedes. No doubt, that he should be the starting goalie in the next match.

I really liked 2m-defenseman Stepan Falkowski #51's performance. He plays a simple, but effective defensive game, and possesses a booming slapshot. Falkowski is one of Belarus main go-to guys at the blue line on the powerplay. He had 4 shots alone on one shift on the PP (2 near misses, 2 shots on target). Team Belarus just need to position their guys a bit smarter in front of the net when this guy lets his rockets fly, and good things will happen against weaker opponents in the group.

One of Team Belarus' better forwards today was Yegor Sharangovich #17. He also had their best scoring chance in the third period, but couldn't capitalize.

Team Belarus actually had a the better start into the match, playing a very good forechecking. Up until Lias Andersson #24 broke through with his genius play from the side of the net, there wasn't much to see from Team Sweden. But after #14 Gustav Nyqvist's quick insurance marker, the Swedes were in firm control, with the first line and the Kempe-Andersson line creating trouble in Belarus end whenever they were on the ice. All in all, Team Belarus would have deserved a goal - they were working really hard, often being dangerous on fast breaks. They created good chances, but just didn't capitalize on them. I'm pretty sure, they will have nothing to do with the relegation.

Last edited:

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
This tournament is a huge opportunity for Andersson and Pettersson to play against NHL talent.

Pettersson is probably realizing he has a bunch of work on.

Now we just need a Lundström, what's Lundeström up to?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->