GDT: Group A - May 4 - Russia vs France

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
An overall solid performance by Russia. There were some missed chances, but as a start, not bad at all. I really liked Datsyuk's performance. The defense played better than expected. Let's hope the boys will keep getting better and better as the tournament progresses.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Texier at least had some moves offensively, but, overall, the weakest performance by team France in 10 years. Texier lost the puck to Datsyuk on the 4th goal as well - but everybody lose vs Datsyuk, not the first one, not the last one...
Our defense was abysmal, lack of urgency, intensity, all things that made France stay in thie elite groupe for years.
We have to regroup quickly : tomorrow, it's Belarus, and it's critical.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
meaningless game, France decided to rest for the Belarus game, didn't even watch this.

I don't quite agree. I doubt the French team just went in there with the attitude - 'let's just lose this one'. I think they were sort of 'saving up' energy, but I doubt their goal was just to stand around. Obviously one shouldn't overvalue this win by Russia, but overall a good enough start. The main matches are yet to come.

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
No upset as expected
Russia played a solid game

I think Texier should center our 2d line
even if he is the youngest player of this championship

Too many absences this year
worrying situation :0

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
No upset as expected
Russia played a solid game

I think Texier should center our 2d line
even if he is the youngest player of this championship

Too many absences this year
worrying situation :0

Oh boy, I couldn't agree more - Alexandre Texier #63 has been France's best man on the ice today. He was more or less the only guy not afraid to go one on one against the overwhelming russian opposition. He had this brazen-beautiful chance after dancing around some russian defenders, if I remember it right, in the 1st period. I think he'll develop into one of their most important players in the future. :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad