38 Morten Poulsen - 33 Julian Jakobsen - 95 Nick Olesen
72 Nicolai Meyer

Scratched:
G 31 Simon Nielsen
D 6 Stefan Lassen
F 20 Lars Eller

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
Hopefully Denmark puts together a decent game. Its been a pretty awful tournament for us honestly, but I think with a win its an okay'ish result.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia
I hope we will win this for L. Nagy. It is really sad to see that last Mohican from Slovak gold generation ends his career so early in the tournament.
He would deserve 2 farewells, one in his hometown Kosice and second one in Bratislava..

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Hopefully Denmark puts together a decent game. Its been a pretty awful tournament for us honestly, but I think with a win its an okay'ish result.

We have done pretty much what could be expected with this team. When we are missing a handful of our best players we are not competitive against Slovakia and Germany. Our depth is not good enough, at least not yet.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
(Especially for Danes): In the team Denmark roster thread I've asked a few questions for evaluation on team Denmark and Ehlers. Could be great if anyone would like to join the debate.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
with a win the tournament will be a little succes for Denmark - with opt outs taken in consideration.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Have little faith in this Danish team.

Goalies have been awful.

Plus Slovaks will be super motivated. 6-1 SVK.

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
We have done pretty much what could be expected with this team. When we are missing a handful of our best players we are not competitive against Slovakia and Germany. Our depth is not good enough, at least not yet.

We should have won against France. That game was only won in OT because Dahm is an awful goalie.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava

You seemed pretty competetive vs Germany and I also doubt this game is going to be a clear win for Slovakia.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
TSN guys Miller and Ferraro mentioned an interesting bit.
If Slovakia wins today and Norway losses to Latvia they will jump to 9th in the ranking for next Olympics. First 9 countries in the ranking get to play in the Olympics tournament by default, 3 spots in the further qualification. China has not been granted the automatic spot as a host country yet. The case for China to be given the automatic spot at the end of the championship is going to be plead by Jagr.

Last edited:

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
It was nice to hear the Demitra chant in minute 38. Hopefully the hometown fans give Nagy a proper sendoff into retirement.

member 305909

Slovakia have been very unlucky. Two last moment defeats but that's how it goes. Better luck next time. Perhaps history will repeat itself. Last time Slovakia hosted they also failed in front of their home-crowd but the following year they were in the final.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Godla....I wonder if he played from the start....would they have a playoff spot? Means nothing now but for a small goaltender he is exceptional.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad