Scratched:
G 33 Ronan Quemener
D 18 Yohann Auvitu
F 14 Stéphane Da Costa

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Genoni starting, can't say I agree with this choice. Same forward lines as against Sweden except Riat replaces Baltisberger as 13th forward. Josi and Müller swapped.

No Da Costa for France, only changes from the last game are Hardy for Quemener and Chakiachvili for Auvitu.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Da Costa (fingers) and Auvitu (groin) out : the youngsters will have to step up.
France needs to win this one : that's the last game for coach Henderson and assistant Pousse, who lead this team since 2006. They want to erase the worst game in team history vs Czech Republic on sunday.
More, a win and they still have a small chance of quarters. They need a Belarus win vs Slovakia though, that's a long shot.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
More, a win and they still have a small chance of quarters. They need a Belarus win vs Slovakia though, that's a long shot.

So of course everyone in Slovakia is rooting for France today because a French win (any win!) is Slovakia's only hope.

The trouble is, France needs a regulation win, not just any win. If this game is tied in regulation, it will instantly become meaningless for France, while for Slovakia, everything would still be on the line. A curious situation, and I hope this scenario is not going to occur.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Early lead for Switzerland, great play by Haas there to set up that goal. And great shot. Switzerland took over that game and dominates now.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Happy with the lead, but the play is a bit inconsistent. Every time Switzerland can get full control of the puck in the offensive zone they managed to create scoring chances, but too often there is not enough support for the puck carrier and he is forced to throw the puck to the net.

France doesn't create much offensively, but the defense needs to stay concentrated as France still has a few players that can punish mistakes.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Happy with the lead, but the play is a bit inconsistent. Every time Switzerland can get full control of the puck in the offensive zone they managed to create scoring chances, but too often there is not enough support for the puck carrier and he is forced to throw the puck to the net.

France doesn't create much offensively, but the defense needs to stay concentrated as France still has a few players that can punish mistakes.

True words.

I like the way Fischer alternates Fora and Frick. Both get rhythm, so if we would lose one D, the 7th is already warmed-up. That said, Fora looks a bit nervous. The Sweden game was a tough cookie to digest.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The one against Texier was definitely a weak call. Some good attempts on the 5 on 3, but too many bad passes and bad puck control.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
One weak call and two missed call (slashing on Fiala, Cross-check on Fleury) you shouldn't miss

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
Not impressed by the Switzerland Team
Refs are ridiculously biased (not a surprise)
Our D is so weak thanksfully Flo Hardy is Huet-esque this year !

That said I never believe one second we could reach 1/4 finals
I smiled each time I read that let's get realistic ^^

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I don't like the lack of pace, Switzerland could easily dominate this game but some players act like it's too easy.

On the other hand, it could be more than 3-0 with some better finish, but France had some big chances too.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Not impressed by the Switzerland Team
Refs are ridiculously biased (not a surprise)
Our D is so weak thanksfully Flo Hardy is Huet-esque this year !

That said I never believe one second we could reach 1/4 finals
I smiled each time I read that let's get realistic ^^

France has won against Switzerland last 2 times they met. There was reason for France to be optimistic.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
That 5 on 3 PP was shameful, shooting from the blueline, losing puck, getting puck back, repeat.

The fiala dive/acting was shameful too, act like a man and play on!

Other than that, pretty solid game for us, Josi, Haas, Meier and Corvi with very good game, Genoni too of course!

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
The goal is on Untersander though, he did even look at the guy he was supposed to push away from the slot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad