51 Roman Horák - 14 Tomas Plekanec - 11 Andrej Nestrašil

Scratched:
30 G Domink Hrachovina
F 72 Filip Chytil
F 90 Robert Kousal

Last edited:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I think today we can expect Francouz in net and Hrachovina as 2nd goalie. Rittich is gonna rest till sunday (next match)

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
belarus is not in good shape.

if they had linglet, platt, grabovski and kostistyn brothers all in their prime they would give czech a real fight .

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
belarus is not in good shape.

if they had linglet, platt, grabovski and kostistyn brothers all in their prime they would give czech a real fight .
With all that financial support from Lukasenko, I don't understand why Belarussian hockey is where it is :huh: and it's long lasting fact. I'm big hockey fan and I even don't know any new Belarussian hockey player (maybe only old players that you wrote, and they were born in Soviet era or in Canada). And there aren't any other big sports in Belarus and Belarus has same population as we have :help:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
With all that financial support from Lukasenko, I don't understand why Belarussian hockey is where it is :huh: and it's long lasting fact. I'm big hockey fan and I even don't know any new Belarussian hockey player (maybe only old players that you wrote, and they were born in Soviet era or in Canada). And there aren't any other big sports in Belarus and Belarus has same population as we have :help:

Belorussia ia still stuck in Soviet hockey mentality, they use the same coaching practices that modern hockey nation have moved on from long ago. No amount of rinks and money can fix a shitty system.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Belorussia ia still stuck in Soviet hockey mentality, they use the same coaching practices that modern hockey nation have moved on from long ago. No amount of rinks and money can fix a ****ty system.
Interesting. I'm wondering how you made this conclusion.
Belarusian clubs participate Champions League, which means they play against clubs with modern coaching practices. Last year Yunost made playoffs. This year Neman did not lose no single game in regulation time. That was against teams from Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden etc. This year Yunost won the Continental Cup (I know, this tournament is a joke, but still, Denmark and Latvia, modern hockey nations, aren't they?).
Three belarusian head coaches in the KHL, all younger than 50. All started their coach careers in Belarus league and\or the national team. Tsyplakov, the head coach of Shakhter, is going to work in the KHL next season as an assistant coach.
Is this what make you think Belarusian coaches use soviet practices?
Probably you are talking not about pro hockey but about kids hockey. Ok, let's look how belarusian "soviet" practices work there.

Dynamo 05' (Minsk, Belarus) at Latvia Selects 05' - 8:00pm CEST, May 3rd, 2018
Team North America 05' at Dynamo 05' (Minsk, Belarus) - 12:45pm CEST, May 3rd, 2018

Team North America 06' at Dynamo 06' (Minsk, Belarus) - 6:45pm CEST, April 26th, 2018
Canada East Selects 06' at Dynamo 06' (Minsk, Belarus) - 12:45pm CEST, April 25th, 2018

Dynamo 04' (Minsk, Belarus) at Finland SHD 04' - 4:00pm +03, April 26th, 2018
Czech Knights 05' at Dynamo 05' (Minsk, Belarus) - 8:00am +03, April 26th, 2018

Based on your posts here, you dont look like an expert in hockey tactics and theory. So, woud you please explane what makes you think that Belarusian coaching practices are "soviet" and old-fashioned?

Reactions: fouba

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Because the KHL is a mismanaged, backwards ****hole that uses a Soviet-era approach to everything.
"To everything" is like literally to everything? Soviet-coaching, soviet-marketing, soviet-infrastructure, soviet-logistics, soviet-merchandising, soviet-everything, 100% of soviet, do I get it right?

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Belarusian hockey having big money is a big confusion. It had some finances back in mid- and late 2000's, which all gone to pro hockey, but not to kids developement. But that was big money comparing to small-budget hockey systems like Latvia or Poland or something. Nothing special comparing to Germany or Czechs.
With that said, we screwed up our developement programm in 2000's. In the beginning of 2010's there was huge losses to Italy, Kazakhstan, Norway on U-18 level . We were somewhere on the level of Hungary for few years back then. Now it's our present and nearest future, so getting relegated to Div.1 is possible. Hope for future lies only in the next generation, starting with 1999-born kids. Starting with 2001 every generation seems to be better than previous. If we don't screw it up again or lose our best kids to Russia.

Last edited:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Interesting. I'm wondering how you made this conclusion.
Belarusian clubs participate Champions League, which means they play against clubs with modern coaching practices. Last year Yunost made playoffs. This year Neman did not lose no single game in regulation time. That was against teams from Switzerland, Finland, Austria, Sweden etc. This year Yunost won the Continental Cup (I know, this tournament is a joke, but still, Denmark and Latvia, modern hockey nations, aren't they?).
Three belarusian head coaches in the KHL, all younger than 50. All started their coach careers in Belarus league and\or the national team. Tsyplakov, the head coach of Shakhter, is going to work in the KHL next season as an assistant coach.
Is this what make you think Belarusian coaches use soviet practices?
Probably you are talking not about pro hockey but about kids hockey. Ok, let's look how belarusian "soviet" practices work there.

Dynamo 05' (Minsk, Belarus) at Latvia Selects 05' - 8:00pm CEST, May 3rd, 2018
Team North America 05' at Dynamo 05' (Minsk, Belarus) - 12:45pm CEST, May 3rd, 2018

Team North America 06' at Dynamo 06' (Minsk, Belarus) - 6:45pm CEST, April 26th, 2018
Canada East Selects 06' at Dynamo 06' (Minsk, Belarus) - 12:45pm CEST, April 25th, 2018

Dynamo 04' (Minsk, Belarus) at Finland SHD 04' - 4:00pm +03, April 26th, 2018
Czech Knights 05' at Dynamo 05' (Minsk, Belarus) - 8:00am +03, April 26th, 2018

Based on your posts here, you dont look like an expert in hockey tactics and theory. So, woud you please explane what makes you think that Belarusian coaching practices are "soviet" and old-fashioned?

KHL is a joke so dont know why you bring it up at all. Success of Belorussian clubs means jack-shit most of your young guys stagnate when they reach the age of 19-20, staying in the rotten Belorussian league when what they should be doing is emigratibg to Canada,Sweden etc to develop themselves. Your local league is basically a death trap for your own talented players.

Bringing up some selects games is just irrelevant. They have zero correlation to how good your kids/junior program is doing. Or are you claiming that Belorussia has talent on the level of Sweden and Finalnd(as per your own examples):laugh:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
KHL is a joke so dont know why you bring it up at all. Success of Belorussian clubs means jack-**** most of your young guys stagnate when they reach the age of 19-20, staying in the rotten Belorussian league when what they should be doing is emigratibg to Canada,Sweden etc to develop themselves. Your local league is basically a death trap for your own talented players.

Bringing up some selects games is just irrelevant. They have zero correlation to how good your kids/junior program is doing. Or are you claiming that Belorussia has talent on the level of Sweden and Finalnd(as per your own examples):laugh:
Yep, I've heard it all before. Any word on belarus coaching soviet practices and soviet hockey mentality?

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Yep, I've heard it all before. Any word on belarus coaching soviet practices and soviet hockey mentality?
Or, in other words, considering Latvia has no success on clubs level and no domectic league at all, can I say Latvian hockey has soviet mentality and soviet coaching?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

I mean i dont know you take such offense to this statement. You are clearly not using modern methods, otherwise you wouldnt be in this mess.

Do your coaches regularly travel to Sweden,Canada to learn new coaching strategies? Have you hired some Swedes or Finns to help with junior development? Has any of that been done? If not, all im left with is the fact that your coaches arent moving on from the past.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I mean i dont know you take such offense to this statement.
Cause most of the time you're talking bullshit (still you can call your bullshit statements) about things you have no idea about. No matter if you are right or wrong in the end.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Goalkeeping is a big issue for Belarus, isn't it? I already thought so when I watched the preparation games Switzerland-Belarus and in the game on Wednesday they didn't actually look any better. The hole Lalande left hasn't been filled yet. Kulbakov is still young and can progress, but as a team like Belarus (or France, etc.) you need an elite goalkeeper to be able to think about the Quarters.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
"To everything" is like literally to everything? Soviet-coaching, soviet-marketing, soviet-infrastructure, soviet-logistics, soviet-merchandising, soviet-everything, 100% of soviet, do I get it right?
Soviet coaching? Yes. Znaroks is a prime example of a patriarchal buffoon yelling things and being the alpha primate. It's not about systems or respect or any team philosophy. Most other KHL coaches, at least the Slavic ones, are the same.

Marketing? In order to market something, you need a market first. A few thousand red-nosed factory workers with 5 roubles in their pockets are not the ones propping up their team budgets. The whole marketing thing is a gimmick. The overwhelming majority of team funds come from state enterprises, exactly like in the Soviet times.

It's a huge Soviet-styled attempt at competing with the NHL, which has failed miserably and is basically a f***ing joke.

Oh, and I think we have 4 or 5 head coaches in the KHL. They're mostly shit.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
But that was big money comparing to small-budget hockey systems like Latvia or Poland or something.
How come Belarus is worse than Latvia if it has more money and 500% more people? How come you have to rely on Canadians to save you from relegation? You have money, people, coaches, how come you're so shit?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
4-1 Czechs... wouldn't be surprised if it went to a shootout since all our games, regardless of opponent, have gone to 1 goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->