World Cup: Group A: Egypt vs. Uruguay, 6/15/2018

Result?

• Total voters

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Egypt will win against KSA but winning against Russia will be extremely difficult.

Egypt put on the effort today but they’re simply not skilled enough without Salah. I want to like Uruguay but how can you like them with a POS like Suarez?
That's very easy... start liking Suarez. :)

It will be difficult to beat Russia but with Salah they can do it... he'll definitely play then.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I am guilty of confusing this Uruguay with 2014 Uruguay. This Uruguay team is obviously older.

Where is their pace? Besides Gimenez and Torreira, who leads them in 2022?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
@cgf
He'll be happy to help you out.

lol. I missed most of the match, but this was never going to be a match that showed Uruguay's pace. As for youth; they've got Gomez, Nandez (who I like more at the 8 than RW), Bentancur, Valverde (not in this squad) & Torreira all 22 & under; with Arrascaeta having just turned 24 & Pereiro (not in this squad) about to turn 24; at fullback Varela & Laxalt are both 25...though Laxalt didn't start today...Leipzig's Saracchi is just 20 (not in this squad) & in the middle of their defense, Gimenez isn't going anywhere soon (23) & Lemos (not in this squad) is 22 if he can get his career back on track.

Toss in some 20-year-olds & teenagers who impressed with their youth NT, and they should be a difficult opponent in 2022 as well.

Reactions: kyle evs48

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
lol. I missed most of the match, but this was never going to be a match that showed Uruguay's pace. As for youth; they've got Gomez, Nandez (who I like more at the 8 than RW), Bentancur, Valverde (not in this squad) & Torreira all 22 & under; with Arrascaeta having just turned 24 & Pereiro about to turn 24; at fullback Varela & Laxalt are both 25...though Laxalt didn't start today...Leipzig's Saracchi is just 20 (though he didn't make the team this time) & in the middle of their defense, Gimenez isn't going anywhere soon (23) & Lemos is 22 if he can get his career back on track.

Toss in some 20-year-olds & teenagers who impressed with their youth NT, and they should be a difficult opponent in 2022 as well.
Comprehensive, as always. Thanks.

Reactions: cgf

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Just got caught up. Feel for Egypt. They played well enough for the draw.

Need more finish.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Missed the game cause of work, have it recorded to watch tonight.

How did Torreira look? excited to see some more of this guy, hopefully in an Arsenal jersey.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Missed the game cause of work, have it recorded to watch tonight.

How did Torreira look? excited to see some more of this guy, hopefully in an Arsenal jersey.
He dominated the game completely. You should definitely watch the replay to witness his amazing play.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad