World Cup: Group A: Egypt vs. Saudi Arabia, Uruguay vs. Russia 6/25/2018

Who finishes first?

• Total voters

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
No, we are throwing it with unforced turnovers and deflection. Uruguay did nothing to be considered better if we talk their play

Bullshit. Russia keep giving away fouls because Uruguay are faster and more skilled. The turnovers are coming because of Uruguay's superior pressing and counter-attack. Coming back down to reality when they're now facing a top team.

Reactions: Jussi

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The article doesn’t say that he is considering quitting the team AFTER the World Cup. It just says “considering”, so it could happen the next day or later or never. Plus the source is unnamed. In this case a good journalist should seek comment from the person who is “considering” immediately. Poor journalism.

Nowhere does it state either that he's quitting during the WC.

Most football transfer rumours come from a "source close to the player" yet I don't see you complaining about poor journalism in the Transfer Rumours thread.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Most football transfer rumours come from a "source close to the player" yet I don't see you complaining about poor journalism in the Transfer Rumours thread.
No, you don’t. Because I don’t go to this thread.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
At least this Russia team doesn't look like they have the tools to do much in attack against a decent side and on defense there's too many mistakes. Anything is possible in the round of 16, but it shouldn't be a major challenge for Spain (I imagine it's gonna be them with the group scenario being what it is).

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
But you do recognize the nature of football rumours?
I ignore rumors and prefer facts. I don’t get the kick out of reading rumors. Seriously. If some people like football rumors, it’s their choice.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I ignore rumors and prefer facts. I don’t get the kick out of reading rumors. Seriously. If some people like football rumors, it’s their choice.

Then you're not a true football fan. And there's a difference between a realiable source and goal.com/The S*n rumours.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Congrats to Uruguay! They have a solid D and two elite strikers. Let’s see what they can do in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad