Euro: Group A: Albania vs. Switzerland, 6/11/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Albania:

Goalkeepers: Etrit Berisha (Lazio), Alban Hoxha (Partizani Tirana), Orges Shehi (Skenderbeu Korce)

Defenders: Arlind Ajeti (Frosinone), Naser Aliji (Basel), Mergim Mavraj (Cologne), Lorik Cana (Nantes), Elseid Hysaj (Napoli), Ansi Agolli (Qarabag), Frederic Veseli (Lugano)

Midfielders: Ledian Memushaj (Pescara), Ergys Kace (PAOK), Andi Lila (PAS Giannina), Migjen Basha (Como), Odise Roshi (Rijeka), Burim Kukeli (FC Zurich), Ermir Lenjani (Nantes), Taulant Xhaka (Basel), Amir Abrashi (Freiburg)

Forwards: Bekim Bala (Rijeka), Sokol Cikalleshi (Istanbul BB), Armando Sadiku (Vaduz), Shkelzen Gashi (Colorado Rapids)

Switzerland:

Goalkeepers: Yann Sommer (Borussia Monchengladbach), Roman Burki (Borussia Dortmund), Marwin Hitz (Augsburg)

Defenders: Stephan Lichtsteiner (Juventus), Nico Elvedi (Borussia Monchengladbach), Michael Lang (Basel), Johan Djourou (Hamburg), Steve von Bergen (Young Boys), Fabian Schar (Hoffenheim), Francois Moubandje (Toulouse), Ricardo Rodriguez (Wolfsburg)

Midfielders: Valon Behrami (Watford), Blerim Dzemaili (Genoa), Gelson Fernandes (Rennes), Fabian Frei (Mainz), Granit Xhaka (Arsenal), Xherdan Shaqiri (Stoke City), Denis Zakaria (Young Boys)

Forwards: Breel Embolo (Basel), Haris Seferovic (Eintracht Frankfurt), Admir Mehmedi (Bayer Leverkusen), Eren Derdiyok (Kasimpasa), Shani Tarashaj (Everton)

I find Switzerland's squad interesting, but it's unfortunate that they were placed in a group with France for the fourth time in twelve years. I think they could have finished first in a different group, and I'd have liked to see them against a different top opponent than they usually face.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
With how many albanian players have a swiss connection and how many swiss players have albanian roots; this will be a hugely emotional match. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the swiss held to a draw here...even if they listened to me and rolled out:

Mehmedi - Embolo
Tarashaj
RiRo - Xhaka - Frei - Shaq
Zakaria - Schar - Elvedi
Sommer​

Or the same basic shape with RiRo moving into the back three in place of Zakaria, Shaqiri swapping to the left and Lichtensteiner coming on on the right.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
both teams gonna be sending drones on the field to the mutual joy of all

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Switzerland haven't been impressive since Petkovic took over and Albania will have similar approach to Romania from yesterday, very defensive, hard working, limited going forward. Wouldn't be shocked if this ends in a draw but I still voted for a slim win by the Swiss

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Also, Switzerland have not managed to keep a clean sheet in their last six games. 3 goals conceded vs Slovakia (a loss), 2 goals conceded vs Ireland (a loss), vs Bosnia (a loss) and vs Belgium (a loss), 1 goal conceded vs Austria (a win) and vs Moldova (a win).

I think they will win 2-1, but a draw wouldn't surprise me either.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Love tuning in to watch one of these games and seeing the stadium completely full of people wearing one color while they support two different teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad