GDT: Group A • May 1 • Slovakia 3, Germany 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I love how Germany plays a very tight and disciplined game without being too defensive. Perhaps last year was not a fluke (one can hope:) )

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
I love how Germany plays a very tight and disciplined game without being too defensive. Perhaps last year was not a fluke (one can hope:) )

Best german team since the Trunschkas, even better we now can PK too :laugh:

Almost scored 3 on 5 :naughty:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
John trip on interview:

Just because they have lots of NHL guys doesnt mean anything, sometimes hard work beats the talent.

Thats the same way how Finland also at its time (with couple of big players in team and otherwise everyone just hard working 110% and playing for the team).

Schalkenullvier*

. there are some things we germans never learn - power play and face-off.

This is why erhoff would be so Valuable to us- his ability to run a PP on a Team that completely lacks D-men with considerable offensive skills.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This is why erhoff would be so Valuable to us- his ability to run a PP on a Team that completely lacks D-men with considerable offensive skills.

Braun has offensive skills. So, to a lesser extent, have Dietrich and Goc, but none of them can run a PP. Also all of these guy seem to lose their offensive abilities in torunaments like this, probably because they focus on defense a lot more, than they would normally do when they play in the DEL.

granko

Feb 17, 2010
Great system, Germans. Uve Krupp is the man in right place. I don't see the the contribution of Glen Hanlon in Slovak team. And rather not mentioning F. Hossa... He is just payed for chewing gums.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
I think some Slovak players had very long shifts.. a lot of skating in ofensive zone and then left no energy for defense

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Braun has offensive skills. So, to a lesser extent, have Dietrich and Goc, but none of them can run a PP. Also all of these guy seem to lose their offensive abilities in torunaments like this, probably because they focus on defense a lot more, than they would normally do when they play in the DEL.

braun looks pretty IMO. not comparable to his PO games where he was awesome.

same with holzer who looks worse than before he left to NA.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Wow Germany up on Slovakia! Imagine the German's had Ehrhoff, Seidenberg, Goc, Sulzer and Sturm.. Their style of play could run this tournament.

Games like this are great for German hockey.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Sidenote:

Lol'd at that dive by slovakian (zednic) at the end of their last long attack.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
this is awesome, GO DEUTSCHLAND!!!! Germany also has the best jerseys so I wish them good luck the rest of the tournament, this is great for hockey, same as Norway's victory

Schalkenullvier*

ok i have to admit, i don't watch too many DEL games, i judge them mostly from what I see at international matches.

SCOOOOOOORE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad