GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • United States 6, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD SabreFan

Aug 7, 2005
Buffalo, NY
emersonetem.ytmnd.com
havent been posting since I have been in Buffalo, but it has been nice so far. This should be a nice test for the US to not get complacent and lets see how they step up with Morin and Nelson out. Not sure how long they both will be out, but I gotta believe Morin is going to do everything in his heart to play by the medal round.

lot of people around here were saying that many Americans on the East Coast simply couldnt make it in time for Sundays game due to weather concerns. They expect a nice crowd tonight, and the more this team wins, the more the buzz will get around here and people will show up more towards the medal round. The tickets arent cheap, but we did the entire package so it equaled out to around $35 a game..

The US really needs a big game out of Drew Shore and Chris Kreider tonight. These two big power forwards need to step up and lead this team offensively. They need to get going if this team is going to get to the Gold medal game.

will be at the Sample Restaurant on Allen Street before the game...then we will be heading to Anchor Bar after the game. Anchor Bar is a little further away, but it is a good time. Just look for the group of 10 (5 male and 5 female) all dressed in flags and USA clothes; with their faces painted in red, white, and blue!!

Go get em boys! Looking to get drunk after a nice win tonight!

By the way, we heard Gary Thorne is doing the broadcasting on the NHL Network....that is awesome!! He is a legit stud to have for this tournament.

How old are you guys? If you're willing to drive towards the Buffalo Airport, Crabapples (Genesee and Beach in Cheektowaga) is ALWAYS packed on Tuesday. It's a chill neighborhood bar that holds a Beer Pong Tournament on Tuesdays. They carry $1.50 bottle specials everyday (I think tonight is Molson night) and $2 shots everyday (I think it's Crown tonight).

I'd say that or Pearl Street should have a good crowd downtown..

The_Team_Nurse

Mar 8, 2007
Sarnia
Let's go Slovakia!!! :handclap::handclap: I've always had a soft spot for them, as they're usually pretty fiesty. God knows they gave Canada a hell of a scare at the olympics.

Brodie

the dream of the 90s is alive in Detroit
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
We need to curb stomp them just like Canada did the Czechs. I'm thinking big here, 5-1 AMERICA

cjm502

Bingo Bango!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
As normal I expect a strong showing from USA, and Canadians cheering for the Slovaks more than the Slovaks themselves.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I'm American and my wife is from Slovakia. Of course I want USA to win, but I can't help but notice my wife's been sharpening her meat cleaver all morning and asked me, "Have you seen the shovel lately?"

Rush22*

Sucks that Morin is out tonight, hopefully he can return in 2 days.

We need to tighten our game tonight and play a strong 60 minuets on the Slovaks. I want to see Palmeiri pull that move he did last night and finish it tonight... lol that was sick.

PaulieVegas

Apr 29, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sucks that Morin is out tonight, hopefully he can return in 2 days.

We need to tighten our game tonight and play a strong 60 minuets on the Slovaks. I want to see Palmeiri pull that move he did last night and finish it tonight... lol that was sick.

Yes, that attempt from Palmeiri would have ended any "goal of the tournament" debate on the first day if it had gone in.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Jerry D'Amigo is replacing Morin on the Shore line. Bourque is replacing D'Amigo on the Bjugstad line. Brown and Callahan are the "extra forwards" just because I'd assume the 3 centers will take turns double shifting on the 4th line.

No other changes.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If all of America's best athletes played hockey it would be scary.

Go U.S., with an emphasis on Kreider, Bourque, and Ramage.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I really hope our breakout improves this game. It was really poor against Finland. Other than that, I'm looking for some chemistry to come through as well and if it's not there during the game again, I'd hope for some line changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->