GDT: Group A • Dec. 27 • Slovakia 2, Germany 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
TSN + IIHF = FAIL

At least they could rebroadcast it at a later time if they're worried about attendance.

TSN is the only reason anybody in this country cares about this tournament, and we care now a lot more than anyone else.

They don't broadcast games like Germany-Slovakia because few in Canada care to watch it. I would have, because I wanted to see Marincin, but other than that...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
TSN is the only reason anybody in this country cares about this tournament, and we care now a lot more than anyone else.

They don't broadcast games like Germany-Slovakia because few in Canada care to watch it. I would have, because I wanted to see Marincin, but other than that...

That´s okay. But not creating the signal so we can watch it in Slovakia, where people care to watch it is a problem.

Btw who writes these post game IIHF articles? Reading the comments of people who actually were at the game, it seems the IIHf person who wrote this wasn´t. Riečický- the next Halák or Janus? I had a good laugh. After saving 40+ mostly undangerous shots from the Germans? :facepalm:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
That´s okay. But not creating the signal so we can watch it in Slovakia, where people care to watch it is a problem.

Btw who writes these post game IIHF articles? Reading the comments of people who actually were at the game, it seems the IIHf person who wrote this wasn´t. Riečický- the next Halák or Janus? I had a good laugh. After saving 40+ mostly undangerous shots from the Germans? :facepalm:

The Arena has cameras.

If a Slovakian crew came over and produced, called and broadcasted the game, it would have aired.

Unless there's something I'm missing where TSN has exclusive rights to produce the games, and waived it.

Alex87

May 26, 2008
Edmonton

I feel your pain, and it's also worth pointing out that the tournament is a bit inaccessible to those outside NA to begin with. Obviously for financial reasons the tournament is going to be in Canada or very close to the Canadian border as often as possible. It leads to huge crowds and big TV ratings for certain games. With that in mind, you'd think that the IIHF would make a strong effort to get a TV signal to the European countries lest they be completely deprived of the tournament.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
The Arena has cameras.

If a Slovakian crew came over and produced, called and broadcasted the game, it would have aired.

Unless there's something I'm missing where TSN has exclusive rights to produce the games, and waived it.

I´ve already explained in other threads on this boards, but yes the TSN does have exclusive rights to produce the games. So even if STV send a crew (not that it would be happening as they definitely don´t have money for that) they couldn´t show it on Tv. The other than TSN TVs showing the tournament sent a list of games they wanted to show and then TSN decided which they would do. I´m 100% sure that the Slovakia-Germany game was on STV´s list, but TSN declined creating the signal. Same for ČT with the CZE-Norway game and SVT with the Sweden-Norway game. We can at least thank TSN that they didn´t decline the Slovakia-Switzerland game as well, because that one will only be shown in Slovakia and nowhere else in the world. I just don´t understand when you´re covering such an event, are those 3 extra games really too much to create? Also, I heard it´s unlikely that there will be signal even for the 5th place game, which is even more of a shame.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
nah, otherwise they would know how to shoot. :sarcasm:

germany's goalscoring abilities are a joke year by year. :shakehead

Treutle must be feeling like he's still in Hamburg. Lots of shots but hardly any real scoring chances, can't buy a goal if needed, and the only chance to get something out of the game is if the goalie has a great game :sarcasm:

Getting no points from players like Kühnhackl and Rieder in the two most important games is not going to do it. I really don't understand how Germany has no trouble competing (and scoring) against those opponents in all the games played before and during the season, but can't seem to win those games at the WJC. It seems like every time they fail against those teams, or if they win, fail against even weaker ones.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Too bad they couldn't take it to the shootout.

Grubauer is a pretty good goalie and Noebels is one of the better shooters in Shootouts.

OilerOlli*

If you lose the close games against the weaker games you have a problem and will have to fight for relegation.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I would have watched, obviously TSN didn't think they'd get enough viewers to make it worthwhile. Didn't the Slovaks or Germans send over their own broadcast crew?

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I would have watched, obviously TSN didn't think they'd get enough viewers to make it worthwhile. Didn't the Slovaks or Germans send over their own broadcast crew?

TSN got the exclusive rights to all tournament games. So neither Slovak nor German TV stations would be allowed to broadcast the game anyway.

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
Hi everyone,
Just wanted to post a couple of pictures I took at the game for all the European hockey fanatics. I have more posted on facebook, so just pm me for that link.

037.jpg

078-1.jpg

092.jpg

121.jpg

Here is one of Slovakia's OT Winner just as it's crossing the goal line

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Getting no points from players like Kühnhackl and Rieder in the two most important games is not going to do it. I really don't understand how Germany has no trouble competing (and scoring) against those opponents in all the games played before and during the season, but can't seem to win those games at the WJC. It seems like every time they fail against those teams, or if they win, fail against even weaker ones.

Having the same head coach for 12 years despite repeated relegations to Div-I might have something to do with it. In a real hockey nation, Höfner would've been canned years ago. But here it's enough to be buddies with that other incompetent assclown Reindl to keep your job forever.

member 30781

How was Jurco, Marincin and Panik?

Refer to my previous post.

And Panik scored the other goal for the Slovaks. He has some nice moves and is able to create scoring chances. I liked how he wasnt afraid to bring the puck into the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->