GDT: Group A • Dec. 27 • Slovakia 2, Germany 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Richard Panik is captain, Andrej Stastny and Miroslav Preisinger are alternates.

D
Janosik-Marincin
Kozak-Trska
Hrasko-Jabornik
Ceresnak

F
Hrivik-Panik-Preisinger
Majdan-Jurco-Kudrna
Jokel-Stastny-Vandas
Simcak-Bortnak-Matousek
Sisovsky

The two teams have not met in this tournament since 2007, the result was Germany 4 (Ondruschka, Schutz, Kramer, Galik) Slovakia 2 (Mikus, Korenko). The time before that was 2005 with the result Slovakia 5 (Ruzicka (3), Meszaros (2)) Germany 0.

Panik and Jurco as a centers? That's a bit unexpected for me.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
a win here goes a long way to keeping germany in the championship division.
Sounds like it would be a pretty intense game to watch.

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
a win here goes a long way to keeping germany in the championship division.
Sounds like it would be a pretty intense game to watch.

it's a game without defense i was told.

germany could bring back most key players next year and would be able to dress probably the best german U20 team ever. would be sad to have that team playing 2nd-tier and winning double digits all night. they need competition.

Boom King

Dec 11, 2010
I think it's TSN's fault, they have the exclusive production rights. I guess they feel there is not enough interest for this game and they would not gain anything broadcasting it.

Tonight is Monday Night Football and teams are fighting for playoffs. Lots more sponsorship dollars right there than if you played a junior game of Slovakia vs. Germany, with no disrespect to those two teams. ESPN is also a minority owner of TSN here so I'm sure that might have something to do with this.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I think it's TSN's fault, they have the exclusive production rights. I guess they feel there is not enough interest for this game and they would not gain anything broadcasting it.

NHL network has a bunch of games too. I believe TSN only has the Canadian rights.

And besides, TSN certainly wouldn't have the exclusive radio rights and this is still an IIHF event. It's the IIHF's responsibility to ensure each game is broadcast in some fashion, imo. No TV I can accept. No radio? Not so much. That's bush league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad