GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Norway 1, Sweden 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Well i remember watching the same game (a few years ago) first on svt then on tsn later on with two different camera angles (had them both on my computers)

They usually have host broadcasters at tournaments like these, I highly doubt SVT would, or be allowed to, bring all the equipment needed for producing a broadcast of the game.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
nah, eurosport2 covered the WJC for germany the past 2 years and this years has all canadian games and the semi-finals and final. so they would have picked up all german games too if there'd be a stream.

but isn't it funny that the IIHF and canada always complain about not enough interest in this tournament in europe and now that in europe the interest got bigger the past years they go back to stone age without tv coverage?
Maybe European TV stations should be willing to pay a little bit more if they want TSN to give them a feed? I mean these are tough times and TSN wants to make money too, why should they do everything for cheap? Complain all you want, but if it wasn't for TSN, most of us wouldn't even know the tournament is going on. If European TV stations showed the money, I'm sure the IIHF would be smiling with opened arms. It's that simple people.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Maybe European TV stations should be willing to pay a little bit more if they want TSN to give them a feed? I mean these are tough times and TSN wants to make money too, why should they do everything for cheap? Complain all you want, but if it wasn't for TSN, most of us wouldn't even know the tournament is going on. If European TV stations showed the money, I'm sure the IIHF would be smiling with opened arms. It's that simple people.

Or, you know... they're just greedy. After all, it's north american tv.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Why not do like other years and have your own cameras there instead of whining that the foreign TV station is greedy? Greed or cheap, whatever. Pay more and you'll get it.

but isn't it funny that the IIHF and canada always complain about not enough interest in this tournament in europe and now that in europe the interest got bigger the past years they go back to stone age without tv coverage?
One more thing. Even if Canada or Hockey Canada complains, TSN is a private company not related to Hockey Canada. Its ultimate goal is to make money and they do what they deems the best strategy to make money. Canada is not a communist state, not everything is controlled by one entity.

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Why not do like other years and have your own cameras there instead of whining that the foreign TV station is greedy? Greed or cheap, whatever. Pay more and you'll get it.

One more thing. Even if Canada or Hockey Canada complains, TSN is a private company not related to Hockey Canada. Its ultimate goal is to make money and they do what they deems the best strategy to make money. Canada is not a communist state, not everything is controlled by one entity.

Because we aren't allowed? TSN has all the rights if I remember correct.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå

Woah, are you getting patriotic about TV-broadcasting? :sarcasm:
If it was the other way around I would have bashed swedish television.. (oh right, I already do..)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003

actually i blame the IIHF for selling rights to broadcast without making sure all games are covered. that is a must. and i mentioned canada seperate, because hockey canada is the strongest and most powerful federation and they should have interest in hockey growing.
the IIHF is run badly, that's no news to me, but i expect more from hockey canada who should be able to get a broadcast on these tournaments for all games.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I wouldnt get to excited about that. During the pre-tournament vs. Canada Erixon was absolute garbage. Wait until they play a real opponent before you judge his play.

If by garbage you mean their best defensemen during that game than I'd agree.

Seriously though, what are you talking about, Erixon was great vs Canada, very consistent.

Jimmy Carter

Avs/Leafs fan
Jul 24, 2010
Western NY

Seriously though, what are you talking about, Erixon was great vs Canada, very consistent.

IMO from being at the game, Erixon was their best defenseman tonight too. Larsen was good in his own end but struggled with handling the puck. Thornberg had one of the sickest dekes I've seen in quite some time too.

One thing that really stuck out though was all the boneheaded turnovers Sweden was making. A lot of errant passes that turned into chances the other way. Luckily, either Norway wouldn't convert or someone jumped back to bail out the mistake. But if they have as many dumb turnovers as they did against a team like Canada, it is not going to be pretty

Davebo*

Yeah - better to save money, leave your TV gear at home, then complain about the lack of coverage on the internet. After all - that's swedish TV for you.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON

He was crap taking stupid penalties and banging his stick around like a little kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->