GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Germany 3, Switzerland 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Germans score again on a powerplay. 10 minutes left to get 2 goals, unlikely but possible. C'Mon Swiss!!!!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Swiss win :)

They must have let off the gas though after getting the 4-0 lead, definately didn't expect it to be that close after the first

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Usually Germany starts relatively strong and ends their WJCs with an epic fail. Maybe we'll try something different this time.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
I think the swiss players were a little bit to sure that they gonna win after the first. They let off the gas and were never able to play like the first 20 minutes. On the other hand everybody should know that germany fights always until the end.

So we will see in the next few games how strong the swiss are. Because this game was like 2 games. The first 20 minutes were very impressive but the last 40 minutes very sloppy and at best average...

ktf

May 5, 2006
Victoria, B.C.
Usually Germany starts relatively strong and ends their WJCs with an epic fail. Maybe we'll try something different this time.

That is exactly what I was thinking... maybe this year they will not completely bomb out in the relegation round.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
That is exactly what I was thinking... maybe this year they will not completely bomb out in the relegation round.

this may well have been their most important religation round matchup. the Swiss and German are likely the weakest in their pool(although it will be close with Slovakia), Chances are whoever goes to the relegation side will both beat Norway, and lose to the other team there, and the game between the 2 will decide relegation, this may have been that game already over with

Germans outshot the Swiss 35-21:help:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
this may well have been their most important religation round matchup. the Swiss and German are likely the weakest in their pool(although it will be close with Slovakia), Chances are whoever goes to the relegation side will both beat Norway, and lose to the other team there, and the game between the 2 will decide relegation, this may have been that game already over with

Germans outshot the Swiss 35-21:help:

I think Switzerland might actually have the edge over Slovakia but its close. Slovak goaltending is a question mark and u20 extraleague player caliber is largely unknown. There is unlikely to be another Tatar but the CHLers are good for the Slovaks. I think NLA is a better league than SVK top league and experiance in this league will help the Swiss.

OilerOlli*

Haha the swizz names are always great. Donminik Schlumpf :laugh:

Schlumpf = smurf

Dfire

Oct 17, 2008
one could say the swiss were really good in the first but I say it's just as likely that the germans were that bad and started playing hockey in the 2nd. way too many penalties though and 2 game misconducts are 2 too many.

If germany plays up to their potential they shouldn't get relegated.

OilerOlli*

one could say the swiss were really good in the first but I say it's just as likely that the germans were that bad and started playing hockey in the 2nd. way too many penalties though and 2 game misconducts are 2 too many.

If germany plays up to their potential they shouldn't get relegated.

What? Both are two of the weaker teams. For both it's only about the relegation.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Don't forget David Elsner who was a 7th round pick of the Predators in 2010. He plays in Germany so this tournament will be the first glimpse most posters will get of him.

IMO the Germans have one of the strongest WJC teams in their history. This team has a shot at staying up if they can get solid goaltending from Grubauer, which is a strong possibility.

Any idea why Elsner didn't play today?

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
What? Both are two of the weaker teams. For both it's only about the relegation.

I do not agree with you ! i believe that it is too early to say ...

They could still end up in the 1st positions. Of course Switzerland with its loss against Canada shows badly ... but since this game, all games have been improving.

Can wasn't that dominant agains the Rus (IMO) ... good but not untouchable ! both showed well !

Then this Sui-Ger was highly entertaining and apparently fast ... who knows ? maybe both teams are much better than what was granted to them. (no one saw it!)

we have to see them against another team.

Tomorrow Ger-Svk and Tuesday's Sui-Fin should bring some answers. And allow to rank them with greater confidence than now !!!
Because for now we know little about their value, and since we know little about their value, we attribute them the last places (as usual !) ... but we know that both hockey nations are moving and both teams have more expatriate players and good players having responsibilities in clubs than ever.

Therefore do not bury them before they are dead !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->