Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2011 IIHF U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | GROUP A
DECEMBER 26 • 12:30 PM ET • 18:30 CET

flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

Possible Online Live Streams
Looking for a stream? Click here, or look through the thread before asking.

Unnecessarily many requests will be deemed as spam (see Site Rule #3).

front.jpg

HSBC Arena, Buffalo, New York

Germany
Roster. No word on lineup.

#10 Norman Hauner
#11 Thomas Brandl
#14 Tom Kühnhackl
#15 Marcel Noebels
#16 Tobias Rieder
#18 Laurin Braun
#19 Mirko Höfflin
#20 Marcel Ohmann
#21 Marc El-Sayed
#22 Matthias Plachta
#25 David Elsner
#26 Bernhard Keil
#27 Nickolas Latta
#28 Marius Möchel

#3 Peter Lindlbauer
#5 Benjamin Hüfner
#6 Konrad Abeltshauser
#7 Dominik Bittner
#9 Corey Mapes
#8 Jan Niklas Pietsch
#12 Jannik Woidtke
#17 Joel Keussen
#23 Dieter Orendorz

#1 Niklas Treutle
#30 Philipp Grubauer

Switzerland
Roster. No word on lineup.

#9 Reto Schäppi (A)
#10 Tristan Scherwey (A)
#11 Gaëtan Haas
#13 Gregory Hofmann
#15 Sven Bärtschi
#16 Inti Pestoni
#18 Manuel Holenstein
#19 Ryan McGregor
#21 Renato Engler
#22 Nino Niederreiter (C)
#23 Benjamin Antonietti
#24 Samuel Walser
#25 Lino Martschini
#26 Joël Vermin
#27 Yannick Herren

#2 Dave Sutter
#5 Romain Loeffel
#6 Nicholas Steiner
#7 Luca Camperchioli
#8 Dominik Schlumpf
#17 Dario Trutmann
#28 Samuel Guerra
#32 Ramón Untersander

#1 Benjamin Conz
#20 Remo Giovannini
#30 Lukas Meili

Officials
- | -
wfi.gif
Antti Boman|Referee
wus.gif
Keith Kaval|Referee
wcz.gif
Jaromír Bláha|Linesman
wus.gif
David Brown|Linesman

Last edited:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Go Swiss!! Really hope there is a stream, i'd love to watch this game!

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
I'll be there (going to all three games tomorrow), who are the players to watch on both sides? I really only know of a few of the CHLers, Kuhnhackl, Rieder, Grubauer, Nino and Bartschi and Conz from last year. Is Grubauer expected to start?

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I'll be there (going to all three games tomorrow), who are the players to watch on both sides? I really only know of a few of the CHLers, Kuhnhackl, Rieder, Grubauer, Nino and Bartschi and Conz from last year. Is Grubauer expected to start?

That's the A-list.

There are actually a few interesting players on the German squad.

Toby Rieder might be a second round pick. He's having a great rookie year with Kitchener. Noebels will probably go later, but he's got size and grit and he's doing well with the Thunderbirds in the WHL.

Nicklas Latta isn't eligible until 2012 (missed the deadline by a couple weeks), so his progress will be interesting. Plays for Sarnia.

Also I'll be watching Konrad Abelthauser. 6'5, 215lbs defenseman with a good shot. San Jose pick in 2010.

On the Swiss, Gregory Hoffman is interesting. After Sven Bartschi, he might be the best undrafted prospect on the team.

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
On the Swiss, Gregory Hoffman is interesting. After Sven Bartschi, he might be the best undrafted prospect on the team.

Of course the obviuos Conz, Niederreiter and Bärtschi....

But also take a look at the following players:

- Gregory Hofmann, W (late 92-born - two-way forward)
- Samuel Guerra, D (93-born - allround defender)
- Yannick Herren, W (scoring winger - beatiful hands and puckcontroll)
- Romain Loeffel, D (offensiv dman - small but possesses a great shot from the point)
- Tristan Schewey, C (two-way forward - he will catch you eyes with his hits)
- Gaëtan Haas, W (two-way forward - good stickhandling but soft)
- Joël Vermin, W (scoring winger - can be the best if he wants)
- Dario Trutmann, D (late 92-born - allround defender with a mean streak)

Should be a great all-or-nothing game for both teams!

newellky

Jun 3, 2007
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Mirko Höfflin is a 6th rounder of the hawks who is just under a point per game in the QMJHL right now and Konrad Abeltshauser is a large dman from the halifax mooseheads and is a 6th rounder of the sharks

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Mirko Höfflin is a 6th rounder of the hawks who is just under a point per game in the QMJHL right now and Konrad Abeltshauser is a large dman from the halifax mooseheads and is a 6th rounder of the sharks

Don't forget David Elsner who was a 7th round pick of the Predators in 2010. He plays in Germany so this tournament will be the first glimpse most posters will get of him.

IMO the Germans have one of the strongest WJC teams in their history. This team has a shot at staying up if they can get solid goaltending from Grubauer, which is a strong possibility.

Dfire

Oct 17, 2008
while a few guys play in the chl, the guys with del experience are more mature and proven. braun, plachta and el-sayed will be important parts of this team.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
while a few guys play in the chl, the guys with del experience are more mature and proven. braun, plachta and el-sayed will be important parts of this team.

I wouldn't say that. Most of Germany's best players/prospects are playing in the CHL. Kuhnhackl, Rieder, Hofflin, Abeltshauser and Grubauer were all drafted for a reason and they are probably the top players on the German squad. The German/DEL players will provide depth and experience I agree, but it sounds like you're saying the CHL players aren't as important.

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Of course the obviuos Conz, Niederreiter and Bärtschi....

But also take a look at the following players:

- Gregory Hofmann, W (late 92-born - two-way forward)
- Samuel Guerra, D (93-born - allround defender)
- Yannick Herren, W (scoring winger - beatiful hands and puckcontroll)
- Romain Loeffel, D (offensiv dman - small but possesses a great shot from the point)
- Tristan Schewey, C (two-way forward - he will catch you eyes with his hits)
- Gaëtan Haas, W (two-way forward - good stickhandling but soft)
- Joël Vermin, W (scoring winger - can be the best if he wants)
- Dario Trutmann, D (late 92-born - allround defender with a mean streak)

Should be a great all-or-nothing game for both teams!

You didn't mention Pestoni? He'll be one very interesting weapon of the swiss squad. It's not a coincidence if he's score 2 goals vs the Sweden.

Rafik Soliman

Feb 27, 2002
Lausanne/Zurich, SWI
Visit site
You didn't mention Pestoni? He'll be one very interesting weapon of the swiss squad. It's not a coincidence if he's score 2 goals vs the Sweden.

Hmmm.... What should I say about Pestoni!

He's just talentwise no player to watch out for... His puckcontroll is average at best, he's not the best skater nor is he flashy...

But as you said, he scores and he keeps scoring... But talentwise nobody to look out for... He has just a great nose for the net!

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
LOL? Watch his stats as a rookie! He will be drafted at least under Top10!

Very doubtful he'll be in the top 10.

Too small, too much help in Portland to consider his numbers as indicative of his future.

Michael St Croix has similar counting numbers, is a bigger Canadian player on a worse team and he might not even go in the first round.

Dfire

Oct 17, 2008
I wouldn't say that. Most of Germany's best players/prospects are playing in the CHL. Kuhnhackl, Rieder, Hofflin, Abeltshauser and Grubauer were all drafted for a reason and they are probably the top players on the German squad. The German/DEL players will provide depth and experience I agree, but it sounds like you're saying the CHL players aren't as important.

I don't believe as a german being drafted is an indicator of automatically being a top player for this team. I'm not talking about talent here. The players I mentioned are older and used to a different level of physicality due to playing with professionals. That is why it's crucial for them to get used to the smaller ice quickly. the chl players can only shine if braun, plachta and el-sayed provide the leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->