GDT: Group A • April 29 • Germany 2, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magician

Jan 14, 2011
London
Is there anywhere I can watch replays, etc? Having lived first 6 years of my life in Germany I have an affinity for them and wanna get in on all this celebration and excitement

JacobimMugatu

HF Strength Thread
Jul 8, 2009
f=253
www.facebook.com
the fact that he's first line in Toronto doesn't mean that he's better than other wingers...He's a good kid, competes hard, but not a standout by any means.
:/
He scored more goals than any Russian in the NHL not named Ovechkin or Kovalchuk this season.
He scored 30 goals while being great defensively, I think that also contributes to being a bit of a standout.

and wasn't he the RSL MVP in 07?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
the fact that he's first line in Toronto doesn't mean that he's better than other wingers...He's a good kid, competes hard, but not a standout by any means.

Maybe they should put him on the top two lines if they plan on scoring a goal this tournament. :sarcasm:

Seriously, he's relied on in all situations for Toronto. Scoring, grinding, shutdown he'll plug those holes in any lineup. May not be the best at anything he does but he has the versatility to be a scorer if Russia wanted him to. If Russia feels like they need him the most of the 4th line then so be it.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
I missed this game completely. How the hell...? Funny to see GER kick RUS, but it just means another team will be out of reach for Latvia.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Yes, as does the next World Championship.

The first nine teams in the World ranking after the 2012 World Championship qualify directly for the Olympics, the rest has to play in the qualification tournaments.

To be more exact, 2012 WCH counts 100%, 2011 WCH counts 75%, 2010 WCH and Olympics count 50% each, and 2009 WCH counts 25%.

Thanks Sanderson.

modano

Mar 29, 2010
Is there anywhere I can watch replays, etc? Having lived first 6 years of my life in Germany I have an affinity for them and wanna get in on all this celebration and excitement

There will be a highlight video on sport1.de. But it could be germna-IP-restricted.

There are also hightlights at http://iihfworlds2011.infrontams.tv
But they are also IP-restricted (and not available for Germans). But it could be possible that it work for you.

Anyway here are the goals:

Last edited:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Maybe they should put him on the top two lines if they plan on scoring a goal this tournament. :sarcasm:

Seriously, he's relied on in all situations for Toronto. Scoring, grinding, shutdown he'll plug those holes in any lineup. May not be the best at anything he does but he has the versatility to be a scorer if Russia wanted him to. If Russia feels like they need him the most of the 4th line then so be it.

but it's Toronto? are u going to put him ahead of Zaripov, Morozov, Kovalchuk and Radulov? I say no way.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
How do you react to 'Germany 2 vs Russia 0' as a person?

By crying, drinking lots of beer and singing:

Oh wie ist das schön! Oh wie ist das schön!
So was hat man lange nicht gesehen,
so schön, so schööööööön!

Vinner

May 1, 2010
but it's Toronto? are u going to put him ahead of Zaripov, Morozov, Kovalchuk and Radulov? I say no way.

Yeah, Toronto is an NHL team. Kulemin is arguably there best player.

He was 3rd in goals, 4th in points and had the 4th highest plus minus of all Russians.

Russia was shutout by Germany. Perhaps a few more minutes to a 30 goal scorer would have changed that.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
4 russian NHLers hadn't played for 2 weeks before the game. And Salavat Yulaev players were after a big win and hardly upheld their better form. They need a few more game to gain conditions. It's what this stage meant for...

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

I don't remember Russia's roster too well but hasn't Kulemin been in the top six for them before?

Anyways you know the Russian players more than I do, if Russia has that much depth on the wing I'm surprised they didn't score.

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
That seems a bit much. They beat Russia in the 1994 Olympics, and I don't think they played against them another 87 times in not even two decades. I don't think Germany played that often against Russia in the entire history, or maybe that's exactly the number of times they faced each other ;)

Different articles say different things, but it should be about the 38th time those two faced off against each other at the World Championship, with Germany losing every single time until today.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

He was 3rd in goals, 4th in points and had the 4th highest plus minus of all Russians.

Russia was shutout by Germany. Perhaps a few more minutes to a 30 goal scorer would have changed that.

Toronto is an NHL team?:laugh::laugh:

Shadowthrone

Zombies Welcome
Sep 24, 2006
Franconia, Germany
4 russian NHLers hadn't played for 2 weeks before the game. And Salavat Yulaev players were after a big win and hardly upheld their better form. They need a few more game to gain conditions. It's what this stage meant for...
They may find themselves in the relegation round after a "few more games" if they don't step up their game against Slovakia.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Pretty much the entire Russian roster could have played in the NHL if they wanted to. Morozov and Radulov particulary would handle themselves well in the NHL. Radulov had 80 points in 54 KHL games, that's insane. He'd be a 70+ point winger in the NHL at least. Nikulin and Korneev are a couple of others who probably would do well.

I'd like it too if all the best players were in the NHL, but lets be honest here...

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
That seems a bit much. They beat Russia in the 1994 Olympics, and I don't think they played against them another 87 times in not even two decades. I don't think Germany played that often against Russia in the entire history, or maybe that's exactly the number of times they faced each other ;)

Different articles say different things, but it should be about the 38th time those two faced off against each other at the World Championship, with Germany losing every single time until today.

yes they won in '94, i think i heard it on tv that this was Germany 5e win in 95 games vs Russia (or USSR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad