GDT: Group A • April 29 • Germany 2, Russia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum

This happens often in hockey, if you can't score even 1- you just can't score the whole game sometimes.

Fulcrum

Tarasenko was by far the best player on Russian team, I can't believe Bykov didn't let him play more... That's a -1 for Bykov!

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Great game by the germans, showed a lot of heart even though they're not amazingly disciplined as a team. Poor game by Russia, but really good for the sport when Germany can steal a win like this. :handclap:

Ich gratuliere! :handclap:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I don't think I have ever been so happy and at the same time so utterly confused, as I am right now. :amazed:

What the hell just happened?

I can't wait for the next "Power Rankings" on iihf.com. They could be hilarious.
The pre-tournament rankings were pretty tame, though.

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
only bright spot was Tarasenko but he didnt play to much in the 3rd period.. Kovalchuck was the worst player and he almost played the whole 10 last minutes.. Bykov is god :help:

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Haha, just spotted a friend of mine in the crowd!!
Jelous!

Was the fan in tears a happy German or a sad Russian fan?? :D

Happy German, at least according to all the stickers he had on his jacket ;)

Incredible effort. Didn't set the world on fire offensively, but they had their chances and played well on defense. :handclap:

wickedwitch

Mar 21, 2010
If I ran the hockey program of another country, I'd bribe the Russian government to keep Bykov as the coach.

NMF78

Feb 25, 2010
Belgium
embarrasing loss for Russia, didn't saw the whole game but Russia just looked powerless in front of the goal

ts11

Apr 29, 2005
Germany
Happy German, at least according to all the stickers he had on his jacket ;)

Incredible effort. Didn't set the world on fire offensively, but they had their chances and played well on defense. :handclap:

Yeah, he for sure was a German fan. You could see how some other German fan huged him after the end of the game.
+ I can feel with him. I'm still shocked... it simply is amazing. If we now win against Slovenia and avoid regulation this tournement already is on the plus side of the tournements in the last decade, even if we miss the quarters :D

Congrats to the team :handclap:

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
All I can say: "gut gemacht Deutschland". You were better team. :handclap:

And Russia? It was Russia we knew from early 2000's. No team, just a bunch of individualities. :shakehead

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Yes, as does the next World Championship.

The first nine teams in the World ranking after the 2012 World Championship qualify directly for the Olympics, the rest has to play in the qualification tournaments.

To be more exact, 2012 WCH counts 100%, 2011 WCH counts 75%, 2010 WCH and Olympics count 50% each, and 2009 WCH counts 25%.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
It was a great team effort and there was no one on the team who didn't do his job, but I was really happy with Rankel-Hospelt-Wolf.
And Lavallee did a very good job as well. I'm sorry I doubted him. :handclap:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Congratz to Germany on the win.
I feel this song is appropriate for the win/game we witnessed today:

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
well, can't say I am not concerned, but like I stated early in this thread' Bykov's teams start slow, especially considering the fact that he hasn't been with the team enough, due to KHL play-offs (once again he shouldn't be working the club and the NT jobs at the same time)

We are getting out of the group regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->