Value of: Grimaldi and Hamhuis to Pitt

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Hamhuis - 6th or 7th? :dunno:
Grimaldi is actually pretty good, although his value probably isn't worth more than a 2nd-3rd. Probably worth more to us than he would get in a trade.

Reactions: NNCbama

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Grimaldi has been one of our best players this season. That's... well, that's a sad thing to have to say. After Josi and Bonino, he has brought a consistent effort and spark every game. He chips in offensively. But if you're 5'6", an impending UFA, and not really a big producer, I don't know what the market value really is. Basically like Soundgarden says above, 2nd/3rd maybe, in which case worth more on the ice to us if we have any hopes of re-signing him.

Hamhuis is veteran depth at this point. He's near the end. In a limited 3rd pair or spare role, he's serviceable depth. But I don't know what a team really pays for that. A late round pick at best?

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Pitt has no use... politely hangs up

Nashville:

giphy.gif

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
No thanks to both really. Definitely a hard no on Hamuis.

If Granlund can still be had for cheap I think we should add him, even after trading for Zucker. Would be a good depth move especially with Guentzel still out for a while. Granlund is better than some of the players in our bottom 6.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Granlund is on fire. He's probably a better player than Zucker. Except he's a rental only. He definitely can't be had "for cheap", though. Bare minimum 2nd rounder, but probably with adds.

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
I've loved Grimaldi's game every time I've seen Nashville this season so I think he'd be a really interesting bottom 6 pick up. After playing the past few weeks with only 3 lines and the top 6 seemingly set with the Zucker deal, building a "3rd" line should be next on the agenda.

I have absolutely no use for Hamhuis but JR does seem to love picking up rental veteran dmen so wouldn't be shocked if he made a move for someone like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad