Prospect Info: Grigori Denisenko (2018, #15 overall), Lokomotiv Yaroslavl (KHL), signed ELC 5/5/20

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Targeting small, skilled, fast guys. Malgin, McCann, Vatrano, Tippett, Trocheck, Hoffman, Heponiemi, Dadonov, maybe Greco....

Yet exposes Marchessault. Lol
Exception to Vince, Marchessault had/has more balls than the others combined.

..and I saw your comment in the Lundqvist thread...very unhappy about it. You'll hear all about why if I see another LOL

Wondering how good he must be if we're gonna pick someone as big as ME.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
I like this pick from what I've seen. He doesn't rely on perimeter play.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The only thing that worries me is the stats on him. But the highlights I’ve seen he can be a gambreaker for sure. But he doesn’t have the same points as guys like Panarin, Kucherov etc.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
The only thing that worries me is the stats on him. But the highlights I’ve seen he can be a gambreaker for sure. But he doesn’t have the same points as guys like Panarin, Kucherov etc.

Yeah that's the only issue with him and the big question mark going into next season. But he gets rave reviews about his IQ from a lot of scouts.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Maybe he’s a better pro than junior player?

The sports net guys were talking about this last night, they questioned his role on the team, maybe he wasn't playing with good enough players, maybe his stats jump if he goes to a different situation. We'll see what happens when /If he goes to KHL.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The sports net guys were talking about this last night, they questioned his role on the team, maybe he wasn't playing with good enough players, maybe his stats jump if he goes to a different situation. We'll see what happens when /If he goes to KHL.
Yeah idk for a guy that only had 22 points, he had some gorgeous highlights and he’s a risk that I’m VERY interested in for sure.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
barkov - huberdeau - trocheck - hoffman - dadonov as the mainstays

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Hoffman-Trocheck-Tippett
Denisenko-Borgstrom-???

depth chart when deni and tip make it. not to mention hepo developing still.

This is a big assumption. Im not sure daddy and hoffman both stay when their contracts are up. id guess one but not both because theyre going to command high salaries in UFA. and also hoff has the extra question mark surrounding him.

yea this i find very strange as well. he passes the eye test so thoroughly its almost insane hes not over a ppg player and somewhat regressed this year. when i watch his initial skating stride it is elite and the form with which he skates is like the reverse ekblad. it just looks like the correct way to skate. hes completely fearless when skating full speed into a dangerous area, he hits decently, hes not easy to take off the puck, hes patient almost to a fault, his shot is decent, his passing is very decent. the point totals are very weird. and im a big stats guy so that bothers me. i dont think ive ever seen a bigger mismatch between visible talent and point totals in my life. i guess lets hope it was injury recovery and being snakebit with bad linemates.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i love denisenko, i like him more at 15 than tippett who went 10. hes so nimble its crazy. very agile and slippery, handles the puck tremendously, doesnt rush things and finds the open areas of the ice and keeps his head up to find what to do, great first couple steps, good shooter too, i think he'll be an all-around dangerous offensive threat. very glad we picked him.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
The fact that he regressed on his draft year is a bit worrying.

I look at the highlights and he looks great (obviously) with Kane like moves. He must be super inconsistent since the stat sheet doesn't look that good.

SiberianHockey

Feb 5, 2011
Moscow
Loko was a real powerhouse team this season at MHL. They rolled 4 apprx. equal scoring lines. No worries, he was dominating on MHL level on daily basis. It's not a big knock on him that he hasn't had best stats on the team with lots of talented guys 1-2 years older.
On the other hand it means that it's not a given for him to get a roster spot on his KHL team next season.. Personally I think he would, but if not, he's in trouble - another year at MHL could hinder he's development.

Reactions: Haj

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Loko was a real powerhouse team this season at MHL. They rolled 4 apprx. equal scoring lines. No worries, he was dominating on MHL level on daily basis. It's not a big knock on him that he hasn't had best stats on the team with lots of talented guys 1-2 years older.
On the other hand it means that it's not a given for him to get a roster spot on his KHL team next season.. Personally I think he would, but if not, he's in trouble - another year at MHL could hinder he's development.
So would "another" year in the CHL. Now what?

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Are we serious get that Player holy shit and skating Playmaker with Hockey IQ, beside one Scene he mostly stand in the right place.
His passing Game, is good always find the right player, but on the other Side. But he is definetly not a scorer, had a few high class chances most times unable to score,

In the future i would like to see him with Tippet or Trocheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad