Grigorenko

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He's putting very impressive number in his first KHL season, but unfortunately theres 0 footage for me to check his overall game other than stats checking, if you forget his production. How well is he playing, physical, defensively, skills etc!

in my opinion this kid might want to get back in the show at somepoint to prove he belongs there! i could see Montreal being interrested in a big LW!

PS: just saw he signed a 3 years deal but who knows!

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
He's putting very impressive number in his first KHL season, but unfortunately theres 0 footage for me to check his overall game other than stats checking, if you forget his production. How well is he playing, physical, defensively, skills etc!

in my opinion this kid might want to get back in the show at somepoint to prove he belongs there! i could see Montreal being interrested in a big LW!

PS: just saw he signed a 3 years deal but who knows!
This isn't his first KHL season, he played in the KHL last season as well. There's also rumblings he's interested in a NHL return. I made a thread about it when it first came out Friedman: - Nikita Nesterov and Mikhail Grigorenko comtemplating NHL returns

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Grigs is a career AAAA player - too good for the AHL, not good enough for the NHL. He's likely to get a better pay day in Russia.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I still don't think he'd succeed in the NHL. He has improved as a player - confidence alone plays a big role since he is finally a legitimate first line player somewhere which wasn't necessarily the case in all the pro years before - but he still plays a pretty fancy game and you need incredible speed of decision making and execution to do that in the NHL level successfully. While I don't think he wants to or is good at playing the simple game.

Much like the poster above me said, Grigorenko screams elite European league player to me.

Then again, EU to NA transition is such a topic where anyone can be wrong about anyone. Plenty of stories of spectacular flops and unlikely successes.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He should stay put. He is on a team that fits him and with good linemates. He is not getting that in the NHL.

Reactions: Fixxer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad