Grigorenko finally signs with Detroit

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
finally he comes to NA. I've been waiting for freakin 5 seasons..

I hope he makes the team. It'd suck if he went back to Russia.

I'm guessing it's only a 1 year deal? Hopefully he proves himself and then signs long term.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Considering his performance in the RSL, I don't think he'll stay long, but hopefully he will. Good luck.

alexander semin didnt exactly tear up the RSL last season either. 18 points in 42 games!! and this season he had 73 points in 77 games in the NHL. i think grigorenko will do just fine. i cant wait to finally see him in the NHL.:handclap:

jordy

Apr 18, 2007
finally the best player from the 02 WJC makes his long awaited arrival.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Well HF had a man crush on him for what .. 4 years until they finally dropped him out of the top 50.

Hopefully for Detroit and HF he turns out good :D

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Best of luck to the kid, it's a shame that he may never become what he could have... I hope he shows he's still got it. I remember being really excited to see him play and I'm glad he's finally coming over.

arin1

Apr 30, 2006
Now hopefully he's not overly atrocious so he doesnt have to be sent down to the AHL and possibly lose his chance here..

Are there any Russians here(or anyone) that was able to see Igor recently? People say he's "lost a step".... Could I get some help imagining how bad it is? Is he the next Allison now, in terms of skating?

FlameofTheWest

Oct 3, 2006
Miiiiiichigan
His speed is starting to come back slowly, he still has his physical edge which is nice to see after his injuries. His skating has gotten better and better as the season has gone along. Hes making strides which is a compliment to his work ethic and love for the game. I think the future is still bright for him, and getting to NA will only help him. I would love to see him on a line with Dats and Zetts, he would really give them a nice physical force.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Man, it seems like forever since he was a highly touted Wings prospect. First the car crash, now in the ensuing years he got married(or whatever people get these days thats almost married) and had a baby daughter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad