OT: Grey Cup Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Starting at Pretoria, going towards Bank, then south on bank to TD place.

I'm super pumped about the Grey Cup Win as a fan and season ticket holder.

But man...what a ****** parade route. Tuesday the weather is going to suck.

Can we please change the route to come closer to downtown. At least go down Wellington or Elgin at some point. And let's move the Parade to Wednesday.

I just want the Parade to be epic because the players and fans deserve it. I'd hate for the turnout at the parade to be low because of controllable decisions that have been made on route and date.

Yeah thought for sure they would start around the NAC and go down Elgin a bit passed city hall. Sucks cause I have a meeting there tomorrow from 10 to 11, so would of perfect to be able to sneak out and check it out but now, I may not get to attend.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Why not have it later in the day?

Jimmy has a bake sale to attend at 11am, he has a cookie sale to attend at 1pm, he then has to go to a craft show at 2pm, so noon was the only time for him.:naughty:

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Further to some of the points made already, most of these guys will have leases on apartments that will expire on November 30. The American guys especially will be heading home ASAP.

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa
This is such an Ottawa attitude. It's a Grey Cup parade at lunch hour. Find a way to get there and show some civic pride.

Other teams have their parades during the day too.

Well, I can't. I have to work, as do most people. How is having a job and not being able to leave and go to a parade an "Ottawa attitude?" Don't you think attendance would be much better is this was later in the day?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Whatever happened to the Parade Planning Committee that was set up but unfortunately never used the year the Sens went to he Finals?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Starting at Pretoria, going towards Bank, then south on bank to TD place.

I'm super pumped about the Grey Cup Win as a fan and season ticket holder.

But man...what a ****** parade route. Tuesday the weather is going to suck.

Can we please change the route to come closer to downtown. At least go down Wellington or Elgin at some point. And let's move the Parade to Wednesday.

I just want the Parade to be epic because the players and fans deserve it. I'd hate for the turnout at the parade to be low because of controllable decisions that have been made on route and date.

Yeah I was kind of hoping it would be closer to downtown. Oh well.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Well, I can't. I have to work, as do most people. How is having a job and not being able to leave and go to a parade an "Ottawa attitude?" Don't you think attendance would be much better is this was later in the day?

Cubs' World Series Parade - Friday at 10:00 am
Penguins' Stanley Cup Parade - Wednesday at 11:30 am
Cleveland Cavaliers Parade - Wednesday at 11:00 am
Edmonton Eskimos Grey Cup 2015 - Tuesday at noon

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa

Okay, I'll shut up. Heaven forbid I and anyone else try and make a living. If anyone wants to go to my meeting instead of me so I can go, PM me.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Okay, I'll shut up. Heaven forbid I and anyone else try and make a living. If anyone wants to go to my meeting instead of me so I can go, PM me.

You're right, the world should accommodate you and everyone else who have meetings during their lunch hour. Heaven forbid the city choose a time that MOST people can take a break during to attend. They should cancel it as the parade should only be held during a time that can accommodate everyone.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

For me, a 10 or 11am parade would have been good; I would have taken the morning off, but with a noon start, I can't roll into my job in Kanata North at 2pm.

Oh well, I'm sure people will find a way to make it down.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Evidently the time was picked by the RedBlacks as they are planning exit interviews on Wednesday and then they will be leaving town.Probably their leases are up at the end of the month which is Wednesday.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
For me, a 10 or 11am parade would have been good; I would have taken the morning off, but with a noon start, I can't roll into my job in Kanata North at 2pm.

Oh well, I'm sure people will find a way to make it down.

Couldn't you take the afternoon off just as easily as taking the morning off? Get in early and leave at 1130. I know it's too late now but...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well, congrats to the Redblacks, I am a season ticket holder but not a Redblack fan, I'm a Tiger Cat fan & have been for quite a long time. It was nice to see Burris win the MVP & win a Grey Cup at his age after listening to a lot of people around where I sit constantly complain about him & wanting the new toy Harris. I think Harris is going to be a pretty good QB & is pretty good one right now but Hank was much more experienced & poised in the pocket. They almost blew it but got it done when it mattered mostly thanks to Burris & good for them. They have been fun to watch the last two yrs with lots of ups & downs & it was a well deserved win for them on Sunday.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Couldn't you take the afternoon off just as easily as taking the morning off? Get in early and leave at 1130. I know it's too late now but...

The circumstances of my work are that we have morning meetings with our other office overseas, so taking mornings off for non-medical stuff is very difficult/impossible.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
This is pretty good

CycuIfGWEAECAEv.jpg

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa
You're right, the world should accommodate you and everyone else who have meetings during their lunch hour. Heaven forbid the city choose a time that MOST people can take a break during to attend. They should cancel it as the parade should only be held during a time that can accommodate everyone.

Not what I said. But forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad