Gretzky skill appreciation

TheEye

Nov 4, 2018
Drive by on him? What harm could I possibly do to the 4rd best player of all time.

From my parsing of your posts in this forum your opinions often appear very biased and of minimal value, so no harm is likely in that regard.

Also, please keep the quote below in mind:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

Reactions: Tarantula

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
From my parsing of your posts in this forum your opinions often appear very biased and of minimal value, so no harm is likely in that regard.

Also, please keep the quote below in mind:

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

Yeah I don't really care about any of that, Orr is still better.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
For anyone that doubts Gretzky, all you need to do is watch the 1987 Canada Cup three game Final against the USSR. This Final showcased many of the top talents in the history of hockey (Gretzky, Lemieux, Messier, Bourque, Coffey, Fetisov, Makarov, Krutov, Larionov, etc. The list goes on and on). Watch Gretzky be BY FAR the quickest player on the ice. Always in the right position at the right time. Everyone looked slow compared to him.

Reactions: Vanzig

shazariahl

Apr 7, 2009
Drive by on him? What harm could I possibly do to the 4rd best player of all time.
I realize you're half trolling, but how do you rank him 4th? I mean, there are legit arguments to put any of Howe, Orr, and even Lemieux ahead of Gretzky. But there's really no argument to put all of them ahead. You can't say you rank Howe higher because of longevity and then say Orr and Lemieux are ahead of Gretzky despite far less longevity. You can't say you rank Orr or Lemieux higher on peak (which is highly debatable anyways) and then rank Howe ahead of Gretzky. If you are taking a balanced approach, Gretzky dominates them all as having the best combination of peak, prime, and longevity with only Howe being a possible contender. If you are going to claim that defense is part of the consideration, you can't really justify putting Lemieux ahead of Gretzky. Gretzky was also the best playoff performer of the group.

Reactions: Nerowoy nora tolad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad