Gretzky scores, assist to Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.

chooch*

I see how 99 got away with a $10,000 fine and suspension for the Great International player, Coyotius captain Shane S. Doan, whereas Bryan Murray was dinged and Chara suspended. Guess a big fine for Toe would have not played well in the media capital of Phoenix, some bad publicity not what that team needs to draw the moled and the burnt to their arena. I dont want to harp on it too much as its a small matter and Colin Campbell can do what he wants as unfettered head of NHL punishment.

Anyway..... I see on Juteaus.com that a HUGE collection of Toe ephemera has appeared for sale including a lovely "puck on a plaque" from his rookie season which can probably be had for $2000 at auction. This puck was his 50th goal scored against Minnesota in April, 1980 at 9:46 of the second period and was ably assisted by his teammate Colin Campbell.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
chooch said:
I see how 99 got away with a $10,000 fine and suspension for the Great International player, Coyotius captain Shane S. Doan, whereas Bryan Murray was dinged and Chara suspended. Guess a big fine for Toe would have not played well in the media capital of Phoenix, some bad publicity not what that team needs to draw the moled and the burnt to their arena. I dont want to harp on it too much as its a small matter and Colin Campbell can do what he wants as unfettered head of NHL punishment.

Anyway..... I see on Juteaus.com that a HUGE collection of Toe ephemera has appeared for sale including a lovely "puck on a plaque" from his rookie season which can probably be had for $2000 at auction. This puck was his 50th goal scored against Minnesota in April, 1980 at 9:46 of the second period and was ably assisted by his teammate Colin Campbell.

What's the point? If you are suggesting corruption on the part of Colin Campbell, I am bewildered why you are posting it in the history forum.

Quiet Robert

Feb 3, 2005
Bring Back Bucky said:
What's the point? If you are suggesting corruption on the part of Colin Campbell, I am bewildered why you are posting it in the history forum.

Yeah, I don't understand his post either, but then again that's nothing really new. :D

To me, the Pho situation was similiar to the Ott one, but I since the rule contains a "discretionary" section, I think it's harder to say Gretz send Doan out there. I'm not saying Chara was sent out to fight, but lining up in the wrong position and going straight after the guy is different then what Doan did. Well, that's the way I see it.

alanschu

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton, Alberta
It couldn't possibly be because Phoenix's game was a one goal game, whereas Ottawa's game had Chara line up as a winger and go straight for Gleason.

Flash Walken

May 10, 2005
Vancouver
Campbell explained why gretz and doan didn't receive any extra reprimand, because the rule wasn't designed to stop fighting that happens to break out towards the end of the game, just the goonery like we saw last season with nashville and calgary.

it was a 1 goal game when a fight broke out after a whistle as a result of the play, not a 5-1 score where a defenseman lines up as a winger on the draw and immediately drops his gloves.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What's the point of this thread? It's a subject already beaten up in the NHL forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->