Gretzky/McDavid/Messier/??? Versus Lemieux/Crosby/Malkin/Francis

Which centre group would you rather have?

• Total voters

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Hahaha! Nope.

Maybe Lemieux can come out of retirement (again) and break 200 points. Then there would only be 3 Gretzky seasons higher than his.

Thanks for coming out though
So 199 points isn’t close to 205 points? Gotcha lmao. And don’t bring in pace cause I seen your against it.

Reactions: authentic

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I guess you not old enough to remember but Lemieux was a big ***** back then but Gretzky took a lot of beatings.

Lol, I'm sorry but this is insane. Yeah Lemieux was a whiner, no Gretzky was not close to as tough, strong or took nearly the beatings Lemieux received on a regular basis. It's well documented and widely accepted that Gretzky was protected, and Lemieux had to fend for himself for the most part. Also played in a rougher division with more physical play.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Lol, I'm sorry but this is insane. Yeah Lemieux was a whiner, no Gretzky was not close to as tough, strong or took nearly the beatings Lemieux received on a regular basis. It's well documented and widely accepted that Gretzky was protected, and Lemieux had to fend for himself for the most part. Also played in a rougher division with more physical play.
I said he was protected but he still took his share of bad hits. Mario was way bigger and cried to the refs everytime he was hit. Gretzky was a gentleman. Lemieux was sissy boy.

Jun 27, 2005
If we don't count injuries (but we have to) Pittsburgh is very close but Edmonton wins it.

edog37

Jan 21, 2007
Pittsburgh
His fanboys can pretty much say what they want because he backs it up

2 art ross and best 5v5 scorer in the league

He's the best player in the league lol

after Crosby of course. Until McDavid gets his team past the second round (he's a captain & this is part of the equation), Sid is still the best player in the world. That's the measuring stick. Lemieux had to win a Cup before real comparisons could be discussed. The same here....

Again, I like McDavid. He's a fun player to watch. But he's no Sid....

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
after Crosby of course. Until McDavid gets his team past the second round (he's a captain & this is part of the equation), Sid is still the best player in the world.
This logic always baffles me. If McDavid hasn't made past the 2nd round when he's 26, is a 36 year old Crosby still the best player in the game regardless of how he plays?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
There is no basis to take McDavid ahead of Crosby which is more of a reflection that McDavid only has three seasons under his belt rather than Crosby being clearly the better player.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
McDavid is clearly better than Crosby at this point. But (most) pens fans are always living in fantasy land, that's how they get to Lemieux > Gretzky.

How is McDavid clearly better when Crosby was better the year before? But are you saying you would take McDavid over Crosby in this poll?

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
How is McDavid clearly better when Crosby was better the year before? But are you saying you would take McDavid over Crosby in this poll?

McDavid was better the last 2 seasons. No, I think Crosby 10/11 was at a level McDavid has yet to reach and career wise he obviously has a lot to do.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
16-17
Crosby 116 points in 99 games
Mcdavid 109 points in 95 games

Crosby higher ppg and more points.

Also was the MVP of the World Cup/2nd in hart voting/ playoff mvp

Reactions: Mean Gene

streitz

Jul 22, 2018
You can choose Weight, RNH, Draisaitl, Arnott or anyone else who's played centre for the Oilers to be the final member of their group.

Which centre group would you rather have?

Can you remake this poll and choose the 4th edmonton center for everyone?

Steeze

Dazed Dilettante.
Jul 23, 2015
I'm suprised so many of you are apparently old enough to have witnessed all these players first hand in their primes judging by some of your temperaments.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Gretzky was a lot tougher too, Mario cried every time he got touched. Gretzky had enforcers on his side but when he was slammed he still wasn’t a ***** like Lemieux. Lemieux cried to the refs and media time, that’s why a lot of people didn’t like Crosby when he first came in. He lived in his basement and whined just as much as his mentor.
Oilers have the classy generational players. We are lucky and fortunate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad