Gretzky at 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
Interesting to take note that the Q always was a pure offensive league, even back then.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Tb0ne said:
Very interesting, thanks for posting that.

Wow, sounds like the articles I've read(or, by extension, heard on TV)
about guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Tavares and that 10 year old, Chase Hawerlychuk(or whatever his name is)

langs15

Jan 2, 2006
New Jersey
octopi said:
Wow, sounds like the articles I've read(or, by extension, heard on TV)
about guys like Ovechkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Tavares and that 10 year old, Chase Hawerlychuk(or whatever his name is)

Never heard of that kid....link please

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
As an Ottawa 67 fan I vividly remember that `77-`78 season as Bobby Smith was in a dogfight with Gretzky for the scoring title all year. While Smith did pull away with it in the end, the prevailing opinion was that considering that Gretzky was 3 years younger it was scary to think of how good he`d be when he reached Smith`s age. Still, I doubt anyone thought that he`d have 2 Hart Trophies and hold the NHL record for most points in a season by then.

The article mentioned that the Greyhounds were a fairly weak team that season. Here`s their roster: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0011251978.html
The only guys who had substantial NHL careers were Hartsburg and Millen, along with one Ted Nolan. There`s nobody on that team with a really high penalty minute total which is strange considering everyone says Gretzky only scores so much because of bodyguards. :biglaugh:

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
Douggy said:
If that was my kid I'd ground him for a month for throwing curveballs. He obviously has a lot of potential in both sports and thats a great way to ruin it.
Why is throwing a curveball bad for your arm? :dunno:

vcx*

Tavares, just looked him up on hockeydb. Kind of curious on how good that kid is.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
If Gretzky could have played in the NHL at 16 I think he would have got about 70 or 80 points. Which is Pejorative Slured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad