Greiss vs. Bernier

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
There has been a lot of talk how team is playing worse, when Greiss is on net.

When looking to advanced stats, they seem to play better (getting more scoring chances/60), when Greiss is in net. There's also less scoring chances against, when Greiss is on net. So, in big picture, they are playing better.

But they have scored more goals, when Bernier in net. This has created some false belief, that the REASON is Greiss, when the offence will die.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
How often are the Wings playing from behind with Greiss in net and are having to press to try to score? Greiss has an .885 sv%, he's giving up a lot of goals. If the Wings are in a bunch, or even just a handful with this shorter season, of games where the other team is essentially playing a prevent defense half the game then their scoring chances should go down and the wings should go up (though the wings are bad enough this might just be a 50/50 dice roll for the opposing team).

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
I can't do fancy stats, but facing fewer shots (-61) and letting in more goals (+10) isn't usually a good sign -- unless those goals are higher danger chances, redirections, etc than the ones Bernier is facing.

If the team is kinda just letting everyone cruise in and tip/jam/wheel-snipe-celly on Greiss, that's a little more telling... and concerning.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I mean they are both goalies I want to upgrade once we have the pieces. For the time being it really doesn't matter whos in net imo.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Neither goalie would look too hot behind this team in a full time role. No goalie in the league would have good #'s. There is no current Hasek level talent in the league at this point in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad