News Article: Greiss first star of the week: And even germany acknowledges it

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Hi,

just saw that in the german Spiegel.
Greiss is the first Star of the week in the NHL.
Big thing for german media, because he seems to be the first german to be first star of the week. :D
And it's big because we normally do not get coverage of Hockey on such a big News site (even thought we are in the middle of the DEL Playoffs).
So i think it's great

here is the link:

NHL: Große Ehre für deutschen Goalie Thomas Greiss

(I hope it's ok, this is my first thread)

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Hi,

Big thing for german media, because he seems to be the first german to be first star of the week. :D
And it's big because we normally do not get coverage of Hockey on such a big News site (even thought we are in the middle of the DEL Playoffs).
So i think it's great

here is the link:

JHS,MDC,2019 1st for Leon,get it done Lou! Achtung baby!

Reactions: teknics

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Mit 42 Siegen in 72 Spielen führen die Islanders die Metropolitan Division in der Eastern Conference an und haben gute Chancen, die im April beginnenden Playoffs zu erreichen. Das liegt auch an Greiss, der nach kassierten Toren und Fangquote der viertbeste Goalie der laufenden Saison ist. In fünf Partien gelang ihm ein sogenannter Shoutout, also ein Spiel ohne Gegentor.

Oh yeah, keepin it real!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Hi,

So i think it's great

here is the link:

Good work! Your English is much better than my German!!

Reactions: Edenjung

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
Mit 42 Siegen in 72 Spielen führen die Islanders die Metropolitan Division in der Eastern Conference an und haben gute Chancen, die im April beginnenden Playoffs zu erreichen. Das liegt auch an Greiss, der nach kassierten Toren und Fangquote der viertbeste Goalie der laufenden Saison ist. In fünf Partien gelang ihm ein sogenannter Shoutout, also ein Spiel ohne Gegentor.

Oh yeah, keepin it real!

They say what? We die in april when playoffs begin?

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006

No... no... no... German tends to be a rather dramatic language imbued with poetic allusions. Therefore, it can't always be taken literally. I watched "Run Lola Run" and "Das Boot, the directors cut" with subtitles, so I know all about this stuff!

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it's saying... “All opponents shall fall this April to Greiss the Gigantor!” The rest of the quote is saying that the “Isles PDO sucks... big time!”

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
After the olympics, ice hockey have been on the rise in Germany. I read somewhere that there is more registered players than ever before in german ice hockey history.

There is a huge potential for ice hockey, I hope the boom continues to grow.

Reactions: Finnislander

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
You forgot the next phrase.
zu erreichen
. With erection. The playoffs begin in April with erection.

The Germans are very excited for the playoffs.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Quicklime

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
After the olympics, ice hockey have been on the rise in Germany. I read somewhere that there is more registered players than ever before in german ice hockey history.

There is a huge potential for ice hockey, I hope the boom continues to grow.

Actually the numbers have went down quite a bit, although the Olympics did help a small recovery. But boom there is pretty much none and the challenges remain the same as always.

Still, good to see Greiss in the news for the right reasons for once, he hasn't really been the best poster boy until now.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Actually the numbers have went down quite a bit, although the Olympics did help a small recovery. But boom there is pretty much none and the challenges remain the same as always.

Still, good to see Greiss in the news for the right reasons for once, he hasn't really been the best poster boy until now.
We simply don't have the money for good rinks and coaches.
Kids want to play but the capacity for them are short.
We need more rinks and more money in general. But if football is the most watched and talked about sport in a countrey every other sport suffers.

But i hope the way Infantino is messing with Football and the football scandals that more people will watch hockey and that more money gets into it.
We are a country of 82 million people at least we could have a good hockey culture.

Reactions: ebergeist

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland

Ok, I think it was Franz Reindl who in november 2018 said that the numbers are increasing and increasing but maybe it was just sports politics? I also remember from autumn 2018 that in Berlin there was not enough spots for kid players, the demand was so big.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Bahnhof.
But the rest is just about everything you need :D
When I say it, comes out banhof. But I'm from a small village near Piz Palu. Everyone from there speaks like that. Have you seen the Pabst movie? If so, you've seen me.

Reactions: Big L

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hi,

So i think it's great

here is the link:

Awesome! Thank you for sharing!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm afraid my German consists of "sprechen sie Deutsch" and "no".

JK. (That's short for 'just kidding', not JFK, the donut.)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
How has Draisatil not won yet? Also worth noting the Islanders have three German players on their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->